No announcement yet.

Pacesetter Headers??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put coated Pacesetter long tubes with emissions with the ory pipe on my LT1 in April. Overall, I am satisfied with the quality. As with any header, check the flatness of the flange before putting them on. The Pacesetter y-pipe does not come coated, so that will eventually rust I'm sure. Getting them installed was a bear, as are any LT headers, but I managed to get them in without having to jack up the engine. I would not get them with the emissions fitting (AIR and EGR) if I had to do it again. Getting the EGR connection on the passenger side header was the worst part, with trying to work it around the tranny dipstick. The y-pipe tucks up nice and almost too tight to the bottom of the car. I used Felpro gaskets and ARP 3/4" stainless bolts and have not had leak issues yet.

Comment

Joe,

Get the headers coated. If youre gonna go through the time and money......coat em.

Call Dan over at Swaintech coatings. They are in Scottsville and have THE best coatings in the business. Tell Dan that you are one of my students and I told you to call. I dont know what they get to coat a set, but if they are anywhere close in price, I would buy them uncoated and have Swaintech do them.

889-2786
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
        Joe,

Get the headers coated. If youre gonna go through the time and money......coat em.

Call Dan over at Swaintech coatings. They are in Scottsville and have THE best coatings in the business. Tell Dan that you are one of my students and I told you to call. I dont know what they get to coat a set, but if they are anywhere close in price, I would buy them uncoated and have Swaintech do them.

889-2786

thanks for the heads up, ill give them a call. I also wanna make sure ill pass emissions, is it legal here to move the cat conv / remove the cat?

Comment

Originally posted by darkz711
          thanks for the heads up, ill give them a call. I also wanna make sure ill pass emissions, is it legal here to move the cat conv / remove the cat?
          it's not legal anywhere. But if they don't check... If they have emissions testing you will never pass, visual or smog.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
          X