No announcement yet.

stall converter on LT1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually a CAI and exhaust buys you 15 hp or roughly a 5% improvement and maybe worth a couple or few tenths. The shift kit saves your tranny.

Comment

Regarding your ET with LCAs and relo brackets, I think it would depend. If you have wheel hop now, or terrible 60' times, it should help out a lot. Not sure of actual figures though. They helped me some, but I can still lay down 30' of rubber on a WOT 1-2 shift with a shift kit. That's not too good for the ET. I guess perfect your launch, then get a baseline first.
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

thanks for the help guys, one last question someone told me that with a shift kit you can bark the tires out of 1 and 2 is that true, cause that would be pretty sweet

Comment

hey man I got a 95 Z28 with 3.73 3inch flomaster and lt4 knock module when I switched to the vigilantee converter with 3000 stall it dropped my et by .5 a second with bfg drag radials and I drive the car on the street every day I love this converter btw I also have the shift kit in my car and with street tires it will bark them in to second it hits hard when you turn it on!

Comment

what all else is done to your car, what are your time and are the bfg drag radials good for every day use

Comment

You should already be able to chirp the 1-2 shift bone stock...some have even said they've chirped 2-3 stock. Of course, a shift kit will dramatically increase your ability to chirp, which means you will chirp part throttle. You'll do it by accident many times...just watch out for cops. I've gotten used to the heavy throttle shift points, and am accustomed to letting off just before it shifts to avoid a massive chirp. Of course, it's nice to bark into 2nd or 3rd every once in a while
              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

well then what would you suspect i would run guys
                all in my sig plus stage 2 shift kit, 1800-2300 stall usually stalls out at 2000
                1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Very hard to say. I've seen guys run as quick as 13.4 with your mods. Others couldn't even break below 14s. It all depends on your 60', the weather conditions, and how strong your car is running.

Comment

what can i do to get my car to run the best its capable of?
                    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

my tires will break loose on a 1-2 shift but not a chirp

Comment

Working...
                      X