Anyone else give a wave???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
    C'mon guys. You'll get waves back from anyone. Pick random people and wave at them. You'll still get the same results as you did waving at f-bodies. Tomorrow, do an experiment and report your results!
    Yup! I believe you're right, if they see you waving! A lot of my friends say that I didn't see them when they waved at me, I'm watching for people driving stupidly, not for people I know! I do notice other F-bodies and usually get a wave back or at least a head nod from them.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Any time I see and f-body, caprice or classic car I go for the horn

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
      2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

there are so many around here I usually just wave at 3rd gens and ones that really catch my eye.

P.S. I give low RPM's to mustangs, kinda like a growl.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

I always wave. I get one back from about 95% of the drivers. Actually, I've gotten a few waves from F-body drivers before I had the chance to wave first. That's always nice to see. Last week, a guy in an '03 or '04 Mustang GT gave me the thumbs up. I returned the gesture, but I didn't really mean it!
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I do in the Hawk but not to many wave back. It's been a vette thing for as long as I can remember...

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
              Gave one to a really nice Chevelle the other day, and got a conceited-barley-present-acknowledgement nod from the driver who was trying too hard to act cool for his snotsucker and wife. Traffic was thick, or I would have showed him the taillights for a while (like until he was a dot in the rearview). His car sounded real good, but he didn't have any tire on there, so didn't look like serious trouble
              Theres nothing more annoying then someone who thinks their car is better than everyone else's.....but in reality the one theyre giving the snub to will blow their doors off. I run into this fairly often because my car looks bone stock so the guy with the flame paint job and rims thinks his car is faster
              96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
              11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I wave back, but I haven't gotten in the habit of waiving first. I forgot about this phenomenon until I recently bought another TA. I remember seeing people wave when I drove my 96 TA. I traded it off in 98, and didn't get another one until December. I got an 02 WS6 Convertible this time, and it seems like more than 50% of WS6 drivers wave. I only see one other WS6 convertible in my area, and he goes crazy every time we pass each other. Funny, I forget how good my car looks until I see his.
                2002 WS6 Convertible
                Hurst shifter
                mild carbon fiber interior accents

Comment

Working...
                X