leak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leak

changed my oil and fuel filter today and I noticed a small leak on the front left(drivers) side of the engine, any suggestions as to what this is,thanks in advance

whats ur car? yr? model? engine?
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

wow, sorry about that, 94 formula A4

Comment

What is leaking is it oil or fuel? You could try getting back under the car and seeing if you can locate exactly where its coming from, Im not sure where the oil filter is on that year, but maybe it isnt on tight enough adn its leaking from around the seal. That happened to me once.
        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

its oil and I cant find where its coming from, when I woke up this morning there was no oil dripping so mabye the old filter wasnt on tight enough but I'll check again later, could it possibly be the valve cover gasket?
          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thenuge876
            Im not sure where the oil filter is on that year...
            The filter by the way is more so on the driver's side of the block.

Originally posted by c_c
            its oil and I cant find where its coming from, when I woke up this morning there was no oil dripping so mabye the old filter wasnt on tight enough but I'll check again later, could it possibly be the valve cover gasket?
            thanks
            It could be a couple things...

Try checking a couple basics first...make sure your oil filter and oil pan bolt are both on nice and snug

A common problem is the infamous intake leak from what I've heard. I've never experienced this (thank god ) but I've heard many people complain about having their intake gasket go and then would be leaking oil. From what I've heard though, I believe this is more common to occur on the passenger side. None the less, you need to get under there and see where it's coming from. If it appears to be dripping down the bellhousing of your transmission, it more likely than not is your intake.
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
            X