No announcement yet.

S- pipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see what you mean. I thought that 2 1/2 would be a better choice. He wanted $150. But if I go cheap, That's half of a cat back. I did hear that 3" had a problem over axle on room though. I don't want anything that rattles. Had that before and I hated it. Finally ripped it all off and ran headers/glasspacks w/ turndowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      With the amount of air that you are flowing, a stock Z28 catback would work just fine. That would solve a few of the issues. There is no reason why a muffler shop could not fab a pipe to mate the cat with a stock Z28 catback. You may have to take the appropriate measurements and have it built seperate.
      That's actually a really good idea that I didn't even think of.

Originally posted by jessica2112
      I see what you mean. I thought that 2 1/2 would be a better choice. He wanted $150. But if I go cheap, That's half of a cat back. I did hear that 3" had a problem over axle on room though. I don't want anything that rattles. Had that before and I hated it. Finally ripped it all off and ran headers/glasspacks w/ turndowns.
      I have a 3" catback....put it on myself....no over-axle problems whatsoever. I have no rattles also; everything is on there nice and tight. As long as everything is clamped down tightly (or welded), and your hangers are in there good, there should be no reason to have a horrible exhaust rattle. The closest thing I would imagine is maybe having your exhaust vibrate through your underside and through your floor creating some sound...but a good exhaust shop should easily be able to put in a 3" catback with limited or no rattles/sound.
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

If you end up deciding to go with the stock Z cat-back, I've still got mine, just the I-pipe is in 3 pieces. But, that can probably be welded back together. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Wow, that would be a big help. PM sent

Comment

the slp "install kit" comes with the S pipe. My magnaflow catback came with the pipe. I almost sold it on here, but I ended up putting on 94-95 style headers on my car and needed it. Is this the pipe you need?

Top right of pic.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Yes, that is the part.

Comment

http://www.lmperformance.com/1576/2.html

SS, will never rust, and is mandrel bent. Much better than anything a shop could fab up.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
                X