No announcement yet.

Muscle cars anyone???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out norm's website, he does have a very extensive listing of his past and present rides!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
      Check out norm's website, he does have a very extensive listing of his past and present rides!
      I don't think I've ever been to his site.....I don't know why either. Gonna have to take a look right now

Thanks

:EDIT:
      Norm's cars page is nothing short of stellar
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
        Our new administrators and Sean need to post some pics!!!

I love GTO's....would be very interested in seeing your 69 goat.

Wolf and Joe, man, you guys have had some pretty sweet rides. You guys obviously don't have to, but I would love seeing some pics. It must have been a lot of fun growing up in that era. So many beautiful cars coming at ya left and right. All competing one another the less for the market...good in keeping the costs down as well

Where's Norm also? I know he probably has a 500 page photo album of all the beauties he's owned
        Most all of that stuff was before digital cameras.... I'll have to scan some regular old photos. One of my favorite highway cruisers I forgot to mention was my 72 olds 442. Red, white top, 455 etc.... such a great top down highway cruiser. I miss that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Most all of that stuff was before digital cameras.... I'll have to scan some regular old photos. One of my favorite highway cruisers I forgot to mention was my 72 olds 442. Red, white top, 455 etc.... such a great top down highway cruiser. I miss that one.
          vettes, f-bodies, chevelles, olds 442, grand national, caddy's.....why don't you tell me what cars you didn't have...the list may be shorter that way

That's awesome though, hopefully one day I can say I've had just as good of a collection of cars under my belt
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
            vettes, f-bodies, chevelles, olds 442, grand national, caddy's.....why don't you tell me what cars you didn't have...the list may be shorter that way

That's awesome though, hopefully one day I can say I've had just as good of a collection of cars under my belt
            Well..... I've never had a Mustang.

Honestly, I never really thought about it....... I must have had at least 50. Eveything from sports cars, muscle cars, trucks, luxury cars. A few started as typical piles of crap that I restore to some level, drive for awhile and then sell. There are some that I miss, some that I hope I never see again, and some that I would do almost anything if I could get it back. All in all, it's been a wonderful hobby and I've been pretty fortunate to have been able to enjoy so many different cars. I'm not sure I could ever narrow it down to a single most favorite vehicle. The closest I could come to that would be my 95 ZR-1 Vette. That was one hell of a car but the stupidest location for a starter that I know of. Civil enough to let mom take the keys and go to the grocery store, yet rip off some great times at the strip or carve up the cones on the twisties. That being said, there's no way I could have been able to enjoy these without being my own mechanic. It would not have been cost effective.

Comment

baldwin motion phase III camaro. my uncle had a 67 camaro, was a I6 with a 3spd but he found a wreck 327 -375hp vette and did the swap. that car was a screamer from what i heard. he still even has the hurst shifter for it
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Well, here's my first musucle car - '69 Roadrunner - a California car. I got it for $900 in 1977 when I was stationed in San Diego. It came with a 383 4 speed, manual drum brakes & manual steering, AM & and a Kraco 8 track tape player with the Boston tape still in it. In true hot-rod fashion, I ripped out the boat anchor and 4 speed in '79 and bought a 440 6-pack short block from Summit for $500 and a Ratco 727 Torqueflight with a reverse shift manual valve body and put that in there along with some worked heads, a Weiand crossflow 2-piece manifold with 3 Holly 2-barrels (350, 500, 500) and sent that off to Marvin Miller for direct port nitrous. I had a Crower cam with .512" lift and 318 deg duration, Isky ductile iron rockers on hardened Direct Connection shafts. High vol oil pump, Moroso pan, a balanced crank out of a rail, TRW forged 10.5:1 pistons and floated & bushed rods. I got a Dana 60 rear end with a 3.91 gear out of a junkyard for $160. Ignition was a Accell dual point with a Super Coil and Moroso 9mm solid wires. I could tune my car by listening to it in the next guys radio. I also, at the same time had a California girlfriend - blond with big boobs and a rebel attitude. I lost the girl when the Marines sent me away and my dad later made me sell the car when I was in college for $2400 to some kid who was standing in the rain looking at it. He wrecked it 2 weeks later and killed himself int he process. I still miss the car, and the girl, too, but I always had a suspicion that it was the girl's dad that somehow called Washington & got me sent away.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                  Well, here's my first musucle car - '69 Roadrunner - a California car. I got it for $900 in 1977 when I was stationed in San Diego. It came with a 383 4 speed, manual drum brakes & manual steering, AM & and a Kraco 8 track tape player with the Boston tape still in it.
                  Smokin' Man, does that bring back memories. Love it.

Comment

Joe what happened to your GN

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
                    2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
                      Joe what happened to your GN
                      Sill got it......In the garage, all snuggled up under the covers right beside the WS6. Unfortunately I hardly ever drive it anymore. Later this year, that car is probably going to go one of two ways..... either full boat with a seriously tubbed back half or 180º the other way and be put back a little closer to stock. As it sits, it's not really a fun driver... it's just a little too touchy. in a straight line drag race it's a rocket. On the street it's a handful.

Comment

I have in my "collection" a "frame on" restored (in 92) Olds 442 with the W30 performance pkg. It has 52,000 miles on it. I am the 3rd owner since 2000.

My 79 T/A, with WS6 and 403, I bought new. It was an ordered car. I tried to get the 400/4 spd and waited 9 months but my dealer couldn't get an allocation for that limited availability power train. I was crushed . So I went with the std 403 and automatic . Some folks will say this is not a muscle car but it handles like a jet fighter.

Warren
                        96 T/A,WS6,M6
                        79 T/A,WS6,A3,403
                        72 442,W30,A3
                        06 Vette,Z51,M6

Comment

Working...
                        X