Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy chain of events last night, what a crappy night.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy chain of events last night, what a crappy night.

(little long)

Ok, last night was a pretty crappy night.

My friend called me to see if I wanted to go fishing after work on his boat. So, I decided to go, and headed down to the dock after work. I had a feeling in me that was saying to not leave my car at the dock for some reason...

I did anyway.

I get on the boat, and off we go. At 7:30pm my Camaro hit on ebay (that's another story ). I checked the auction while on the boat (technology rocks! ), and it was up and away and had a few bids already.

The boat comes back about 4 hours later, and I see my car. We get up and I go over to my car, looks fine. My friend walked over to his car, and said "DUDE, what happened to your car??" I thought he was messing around becuase he knew it just posted on ebay.. Nope. This is what happened:

Some $*(@&#@FACE backed into it with a boat trailor, and took off. Frickin great. No note, nothing.

I call the cops, and they come about 1.5 hours later. The cop starts writing the report so I can have my insurance take care of it, and informs me my registration has been expired since December of 04! WTF? Even though the sticker on my plate says October of next year. The cop was baffled, and so was I. There was no explanation, but in her computer it said 12/04 for expire.

So, they gotta take my plate off and I can't drive the car. OF COURSE!

About another 2 hours go by, and the cop is done. She told me that I shouldn't drive it home, but she won't be looking so whatever I decide to do just be careful. Cool lady, and cute as hell too.

She takes off, and I realize that she forgot to take my front plate off - probably because it was bolted to the air-dam - thanks for the idea ken!

My buddy brought me to my parent's house to get some tools, and I came back and swapped the front plate to the back of the car. I had him drive in back of me till we hit the highway so I'd be a little safer.

Ok, here's where the whole night takes a crazy twist...

Keep in mind, it's now about 6 hours after my car got hit. I'm driving, IN ANOTHER TOWN, about 10 miles from the accident spot.. This kid in an MR2 pulls up on side of me, and starts yelling. I thought he was screwing with me. He yelled "Did your car get hit?" .... I yelled "yeah" - still thinknig he was screwin with me. He yells "I saw it happen! Pull over!" I still thought it was a joke, so I asked where it happened, he yelled "At the boat dock in Stratford!"

You've got to be kidding me... 6 hours after, and 10 miles away, this kid sees me. I pull over, he gives me the dude's license plate, his phone #, and his friend's as witnesses. What are the odds of that??!!! I nearly pooped myself. The kid even told me he NEVER drives on that road but for some reason he did last night. Which is crazy, because I never drive that road either. I just did because I was trying to keep a low profile.

If either of us were off by seconds, that kid would not have seen me. Why he didn't just leave the info on my windshield, I don't know. But whatever. I got it.

Gotta call the cops now and give them the info. That bastard's going down. Hit and run, and I'm getting everything fixed on his insurance's coin. I just hope they don't give me crap because the car wasn't registered - even though I had no clue. We'll see. Performin Norman - know anything about that subject?
    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

wow, you were right, that's a crazy chain of events. Glad that witness got ahold of you and I hope the insurance company doesn't give you grief.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Wow....that is pretty crazy. Just think too, so many things had to go right at the perfect time to be able to meet this kid who happened to see everything.

I hope all works out for you, and I hope you take that jerk down. So many people out there just don't care about anyone other than themselves...your Z is a victim of that. Take him for all that you can.

Good luck bro
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

bizzaaaar

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Glad you got the info you needed. Good luck on fixing it up quickly (in case it sells soon).

I am really getting tired of people these days not owning up to their mistakes. It is the story of my life at work (I am in the quality dept). Lie, hide, or pass the blame. I try to tell them that problems are fixed by learning from admitted mistakes. People tend to take the hard way out and wait for the problem to explode. They buy foreign cars for their "quality" (like they aspire to be that good) and then do their jobs like a bunch morons. Poor America.

Just like this guy. Had he confronted Jeff personally or left information, I am sure (after the inital shock) Jeff would had been willing to resolve the situation in the least painful way for the dude (not report it, get multiple estimates from good shops, I've even done the work if the person bought the part before).

Now he's gonna get the book thrown at him and rightfully so. Take him down man!!

Actually he needs his a-- kicked for smacking a guys sweet Z and runnin. But we don't live in them times anymore and the punishment for everything is basically money. This guy just chose pay much more. Looks like the hoods a little tweeked.

Sorry Jeff,
          Sean
          1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

That will buff out.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

while we are on the subject a month ago or so i walked out of my work at like 11 and some body must have backed into my car there was paint transfer on the front of my car spider webbing and the front emblem was all messed up the less no actualy body dents or anything because its plastic and because the front license plate bracket looks like it took the only smash and held up well still makes me mad that he wouldnt leave anything after spider webbing my front bumper im still trying to buff out some of the paint transfer i got most of it though
              1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

wow...cool of the kid to stick by.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
                  I just hope they don't give me crap because the car wasn't registered
                  They won't. As long as the car is registered to your name you're fine. But that's one messed up story
                  Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Registered or not, your car was involved in a hit and run and that is an illegal offense. The culprit will suffer from at least one violation. Leaving the scene of an accident. His insurance or his hide will have to pay for all the damages. He'll get his hand slapped by the state. What he did is punishable offense by the state and they will fine him and ticket him for leaving the scene. You will not have to do anything but contact his insurance carrier and have them take care of your car. Don't forget, they also owe you a rental car while yours is out of commission.

I'm glad that kid took the time to tell you. However, I wish he would have left his name and number on the car instead of just leaving. Definitely good timing.

Having a witness will make all the difference in the world. Yes! Take down another dishonest person. We have to do it one at a time.
                    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Crazy.... I wonder what was going through that guys mind. Hope he gets screwed for it.
                      1995 Firebird Formula
                      (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Keep us updated man, I'm curious to see what happens.
                        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

That's wild... I'm glad you got the info... Hang the jerk.
                          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Norman - you made my day. I just hope the laws in CT are the same where you are..

That was what I was worried about most - me getting the tab for the repairs. I would not be able to afford that, I'd have to drive around a scrapped up Camaro forever

And yeah, I don't know why the kid didn't just leave something in the first place, oh well, it's done, and it worked out. I got my Uncle (Private Detective) pulling the plate to make sure it matches the description. The Police in my town won't do anything, I have to talk to the officer that did the report, and she won't be back till Friday.

Oh well.

Called DMV, and my reg was in fact expired, they said somehow I got the wrong sticker for my plate. Ok, so they screwed up and I get hosed. Of course. Anyway, by tomorrow afternoon the reg will be all back to good.

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a sparkly new front end and this will all be behind me

thanks guys.
                            99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                              That will buff out.
                              LMAO! Some things even Zaino can't fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X