Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy chain of events last night, what a crappy night.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy will likely claim he didn't even know it happened, and if it was a trailer that hit it, I could see conceivable that he might not know. More than likely, though, he just thought he'd get away with leaving. What would be icing on the cake is if your witness saw him get out of his vehicle to inspect the damage, and then drive away!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
      What would be icing on the cake is if your witness saw him get out of his vehicle to inspect the damage, and then drive away!
      Funny you say that, both witnesses said he got out, looked at it, stumbled around (seemed tipsy), get in his truck and take off.

He knew he hit it. He was just a scumbag.
      99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Originally posted by Formulaboy95
        Crazy.... I wonder what was going through that guys mind.
        Had a couple beers on the lake maybe?
        1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
          Funny you say that, both witnesses said he got out, looked at it, stumbled around (seemed tipsy), get in his truck and take off.

He knew he hit it. He was just a scumbag.
          What a jerk, man that guy should definately pay...probobly had a fwe beers and that would've been another problem for him when the officer came to write up a report! Some people!

Glad to hear its getting resolved though!
          -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
            Norman - you made my day. I just hope the laws in CT are the same where you are..

That was what I was worried about most - me getting the tab for the repairs. I would not be able to afford that, I'd have to drive around a scrapped up Camaro forever

And yeah, I don't know why the kid didn't just leave something in the first place, oh well, it's done, and it worked out. I got my Uncle (Private Detective) pulling the plate to make sure it matches the description. The Police in my town won't do anything, I have to talk to the officer that did the report, and she won't be back till Friday.

Oh well.

Called DMV, and my reg was in fact expired, they said somehow I got the wrong sticker for my plate. Ok, so they screwed up and I get hosed. Of course. Anyway, by tomorrow afternoon the reg will be all back to good.

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a sparkly new front end and this will all be behind me

thanks guys.
            Jeff - I also live in CT. My wife works down in Stratford. Anyway.... It doesn't suprise me in the least that the Connecticut DMV screwed up your registration. I went to register my T/A earlier this spring, and I wanted to get vanity plates. I wanted 02.WS6 and they sent 02W.S6 instead. S6? I don't drive a &%$#ing Audi!!! Anyway... Low and behold, I have regular plates on my car.

Registering my Bravada is a story for another thread.

Hope it works out for you, man.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

for some reason ct wont move the stupid lil * on the plates unless its a commericial. i wanted 88 TA but they said i needed two more numbers and they wouldnt spilt the 88 TA it woulda been 88T*Axx. werid state
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Wow, what a story. Some people are just...
                I'm very glad you are going to nail the guy who did it. I hope he suffers for doing that to your beautiful Z.
                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Some guy whacked me in my parking lot at work, breaking my left taillight and scraping the bumper. Had to be some idiot in an SUV or a truck.

It did force me to upgrade to the honeycomb lights though.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
                  Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

Working...
                  X