Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT! Help with wiring harness in car!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more concerned on how long they keep the car. I just hope it won't be for the rest of the summer.

Comment

Most new cars have thes type of connectors. To get them apart, all you have to do is take that bolt out and there also may be a clip on one or more sides. It also sounds like you will have to replace both sides of the connector(probably cant get just the connectors, and will have to buy entire harness) or find which wires that were damaged and bypass those wires around the connector(which is what I would do). Good luck and I hope they can fix it.
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

UPDATE

Last I heard is that I will NOT need a new harness. They said the broken wires are going to be fixed. Not sure how this is going to be done, but I was told they need the car a few more days, so I would think the car will be ready later this week.

Comment

It's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah!!! My car is back in action! At a price, however. Oh well, that's why we have insurance!

Comment

Jeff - You mean your insurance covered you drilling a hole in your wiring harness?

Comment

I didn't think they would either, but the guys at the shop suggested that I try. I told the truth too, didn't lie. Still stuck with the deductible though.

Comment

Working...
              X