Front License Plates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigtow
    we have to run front plates here in the uk i hate the way the guy that had the car before me done it he has stuck one on the nose cone and then when the car was painted the clowns masked it foff then put claer cote over the top so now i can not remove it

se what i mean it looks horibble
    That is completely jacked up. Why in the world would somebody do that? I feel for ya.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

They are strict about it here too here in CA. However, I bought my T/A without one, and never put one on. I was pulled over 3 times in it (not driving any of the times), yet they never did anything about it. One cop was about to write me up for it, but realized he pulled over the wrong car (thought I was racing instead of a black Z28), then threw out the fix-it ticket. I guess he was embarrassed.
      However, north of Oakland there's a city called Richmond. Terrible crimes and murders in that city. CHP is doing a huge crackdown, citing and pulling anyone over for anything, including tinted front windows, no front plate, etc. Turns out they're finding all kinds of drugs, firearms and suspects with warrants. They consider it to be working, although I'm glad it's not in my area. I think it's just such a bad town that if you pull over anyone, they'll probably find some thing on most of them
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Yeah, they do here in Maryland.

Got a $50 ticket several years ago for not having a front plate. The Maryland Police State (OOPS! Ahem, that's "State Police", of course) trooper stopped me on the Washington Beltway during rush hour, endangering us both. No points.

Now I have a plate that says "TI VOOM". Would like to get "TI 3VOM". (Read it in your rearview mirror.)
        R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger in Kensington
          Got a $50 ticket several years ago for not having a front plate. The Maryland Police State (OOPS! Ahem, that's "State Police", of course) trooper stopped me on the Washington Beltway during rush hour, endangering us both. No points.

Now I have a plate that says "TI VOOM". Would like to get "TI 3VOM". (Read it in your rearview mirror.)

Cleaver! . . . . . . . I like it!
          Darrin C
          '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
          07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

The plastic factory bracket says it comes with 3 "rivets" (the install instructions are embossed on the bracket)...I dont have these rivets. Can I use regular screws? What size? Or, do dealers have the rivets?

Also... how do you remove the plastic grille insert. I dont want to damage the rivets or whatever that uses.
            Bruce
            01 Camaro

Comment

Working...
            X