Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have aftermarket Head and Cam on your LT1 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have aftermarket Head and Cam on your LT1 ?

thinking of getting this package ;

LT1 – LE1 Head/cam package will pull from 2,000 to 6,200 RPM and should make *370 – 390 RWHP with 30 lb. injectors, 52 MM T.B., 1 ¾ LT’s good tuning, etc. This will have an idle similar to the HotCam, CC 305, etc. but will make more HP & TQ than these cams with the same RPM range.

The LE1 heads consist of:

Stock Valves with Back Out
    CM 612 Spring Retainers & Locks
    195 CC Intake Port
    Milling
    Cleaning
    Assembly
    Flow About 255/180
    Ready To Bolt On
    *The HP#’s mentioned are typical for an F-body with 6 speed, stock rear and with ALL of the complimenting parts mentioned.

LE1 Head/Cam Package - $1,100

what do you think of this package??
    will this set up work with a stock stall converter ?
    talked to him (lloyd e.) and he said it would.

what 1/4 times should i see with this set up?
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Originally posted by LoudLT1
    thinking of getting this package ;

LT1 – LE1 Head/cam package will pull from 2,000 to 6,200 RPM and should make *370 – 390 RWHP with 30 lb. injectors, 52 MM T.B., 1 ¾ LT’s good tuning, etc. This will have an idle similar to the HotCam, CC 305, etc. but will make more HP & TQ than these cams with the same RPM range.

The LE1 heads consist of:

Stock Valves with Back Out
    CM 612 Spring Retainers & Locks
    195 CC Intake Port
    Milling
    Cleaning
    Assembly
    Flow About 255/180
    Ready To Bolt On
    *The HP#’s mentioned are typical for an F-body with 6 speed, stock rear and with ALL of the complimenting parts mentioned.

LE1 Head/Cam Package - $1,100

what do you think of this package??
    will this set up work with a stock stall converter ?
    talked to him (lloyd e.) and he said it would.

what 1/4 times should i see with this set up?
    eddie
    I am dying to hear these answers. I would like to make these upgrades.
    1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
    Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
    Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

Seems to be a very good package for the money. The flow numbers are not the best in the world (roughly a 30 CFM increase over stock aluminum LT1 head), but hey for 1100 bucks........

Yes, the stock converter will be fine, BUT, you will greatly take more advantage of the available power and new power curve by going with a higher stall. Maybe 2800-3200.

Comment

Id be interested to see the numbers as well, after college id like to get a 4th gen (not sure what year yet) adn work it over so im milling over ideas in my head.....let us know how it works out. And I agree that a higher stall would be more beneficial then just keeping the stock.
        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Ask Jeff95TA. He has the LE2 heads + LE1 cam combo and is running mid 12s. Also, do a search on cz28.com and you'll see a lot of people with Lloyd Elliott heads/cam.
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

With the stuff in my sig I ran a best of 12.57 @ 100 on street tires @ 30 psi. Roughly a half throttle launch, otherwise it just spins.

Lloyd is a great guy to deal with.
            '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

jeff,
              why did you go with the LE1 cam and LE2 head combo??
              eddie
              1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Originally posted by LoudLT1
                jeff,
                why did you go with the LE1 cam and LE2 head combo??
                eddie
                Curious here too, Ive heard talk that the LE2 cam lopes real bad and is less streetable. I would love to do the LE2 package as long as long as it remains streetable.
                1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
                Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
                Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff95TA
                  With the stuff in my sig I ran a best of 12.57 @ 100 on street tires @ 30 psi. Roughly a half throttle launch, otherwise it just spins.

Lloyd is a great guy to deal with.
                  12.57 @ 100??? That cant be right??? Typo?
                  96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                  11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Oops, 110!!!

From the beginning I just wanted to do a mild street setup so I went with the LE1 cam. Didn't mind sacrificing a few horses for a little more drivability.
                    '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

jeff,
                      did lloyd recomend the LE2 heads with the smaller LE1 cam ?
                      hows the idle? daily driven?did you install the head and cam yourself?
                      eddie

Comment

I kind of asked about the LE2 heads - since they were coming off I didn't want to skimp on them. Idles just fine, little bit of lope. It's my "fun" car, but it would be fine for a daily driver.

Did all the work myself, my first major project besides CAI, exhaust type of stuff. If you have the time I would definitely try it yourself if you feel comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                        X