Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new Cobalt SS

Hey guys,

I ended up buying an 05 Cobalt SS. I love this thing. I needed a second car, and I wanted something that was fun and sporty. This thing is constructed really well. Definitely a major improvement over the cavalier. And not to mention.... you GOTTA LOVE BOOST It's definitely a fun car. Has anyone here ridden in one or driven one? If so, what do you think? I got the silver color, and I couldn't be any happier. It's quick for what is

Jeff
    One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Cool I saw an SS Colbalt yesterday in blue and did a double take. Congrats on the new ride. What HP does it have and how much does it weigh?
    2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
    buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
    Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

The weight I am not sure about, I will have to go look. It does have a 2.0 Ecotec Supercharged engine. It puts out 205HP stock.. It definitely moves. Man, I love boost

Comment

cool jeff! enjoy...

easy color to really take care of too! with zaino of course.....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Thats right Ken, going to Zaino that bad boy tom! I ALMOST got a GTO, I was looking, but my car payment would have been so high...So, I settled on the Cobalt, being this is my second car. I have to admit, I LOVE the new GTO's though, so damn badazz!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff02GAGT
            The weight I am not sure about, I will have to go look. It does have a 2.0 Ecotec Supercharged engine. It puts out 205HP stock.. It definitely moves. Man, I love boost
            Dyno results from Cobalt SS forums are showing 210-220 front wheel horsepower bone stock, so these things are majorly underrated

The torque curve is completely flat... and the horsepower curve is still climbing at a 45 degree angle at redline... you gotta believe if you're able to spin that thing a little higher you could make some pretty wicked horsepower numbers

It's biggest limitation is 12 PSI on 9.5:1 compression... you can't really play with the pulley too much, unforunately.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

my mom has a yellow 05. its a wicked car. i drive it most days.
              1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

YOu really can't mess around with the pulley? I was hoping to change the pulley to get more boost!!! That really sucks if the most you can push is 12PSI.. OH well, either way, the cars fun for what it is.. I was out playin around with it tonight, and it definitely has some balls for a Cobalt.. It's basically like an SRT-4, but I think the SRT-4 is quicker... Nonetheless, it's fun

Comment

i test drove one back about a month ago, it was a nice car i just coudlnt afford to get one and keep the camaro . . .
                  -Nick-
                  95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff02GAGT
                    YOu really can't mess around with the pulley? I was hoping to change the pulley to get more boost!!! That really sucks if the most you can push is 12PSI.. OH well, either way, the cars fun for what it is.. I was out playin around with it tonight, and it definitely has some balls for a Cobalt.. It's basically like an SRT-4, but I think the SRT-4 is quicker... Nonetheless, it's fun
                    Meh, just slap a kenne belle on her and some beefed internals (if it doesn't come stock with them). Post some pics when you can, other than the wing i really like them. I'd take one before an SRT-4.
                    '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
                    Stock with an irratic idle...
                    (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

i test drove and srt4 while my hubby was sighning papers for his ram. it does get up and move. perfect grocery getter!

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
                      www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

Originally posted by 99v6cam
                        Meh, just slap a kenne belle on her and some beefed internals (if it doesn't come stock with them). Post some pics when you can, other than the wing i really like them. I'd take one before an SRT-4.
                        It's 9.5:1 compression already. "Just slap on a Kenne Bell" is a bad idea. You will need to do some internal work to push much boost over stock - it is already 12 PSI.

Jeff, check out www.cobaltss.com -- they have dyno graphs there and lots of discussion about mods.
                        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Awesome! I've been curious on how fun those cars would be to drive.

Congrats on the buy and good luck with it
                          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

i beleive they come stock with beefy internals . . . cuz they know blowerwhine > all others
                            -Nick-
                            95 A4 Z28

Comment

It's not all about boost. If you are trying to cram 12 psi through a small 1" pipe, you'll get small power. Push 12psi though a 3" intake pipe, you'll get much more power. It's all about total airflow, not just pressure. The car will respond nicely to typical performance mods that eliminate restriction and pumping losses. A free flowing exhaust and intake should do wonders.

Comment

Working...
                              X