No announcement yet.

NFB: So now China wants to nuke us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will never happen. Both countries depend way too much on each other. China supplies us with lots of products and we supply them with a lot of cash. A conflict over Taiwan would be rediculous. It's likely a diplomatic solution would be worked out in the event of a conflict, because neither side can be sure of just what the other would do (i.e. go nuclear)

If there was a conflict, the US would have to think long and hard about being the first to go nuclear, given the numbers above. No matter what technology you have, you just can't defeat that many people.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Really and truly, WalMart isn’t going to let anything like that happen. If I’m not mistaken, they are still the largest corporation in the world. They could easily bribe China to do just about anything they want them to do, because China depends very heavily on WalMart. According to a TV special on WalMart, on CNBC, WalMart’s mission is Worldwide Domination (exact words), so, maybe its WalMart that we need to worry about

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

China has enough $$$ to do what they please and it isn't diplomacy or Wal-Mart that will curtail their plans.

They have enough cash to buy every U.S. based oil company,Boeing & Rockwell/McDonald Douglas,most Media,all the airlines and the auto companies.

And you want to blackmail them with your $700 Billion a year trade deficit and your $350 billion budget deficit.Remember the Golden rule"He who has the gold makes the rules",They have the gold!!!!!!!!!
        94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeLord
          China has enough $$$ to do what they please and it isn't diplomacy or Wal-Mart that will curtail their plans.

They have enough cash to buy every U.S. based oil company,Boeing & Rockwell/McDonald Douglas,most Media,all the airlines and the auto companies.

And you want to blackmail them with your $700 Billion a year trade deficit and your $350 billion budget deficit.Remember the Golden rule"He who has the gold makes the rules",They have the gold!!!!!!!!!
          Uh, you do realize that I was joking....right?

Comment

Yes,,,and I was just wanting to get that point across !!!!!
            94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

Comment

Don't panic everyone! China CANNOT survive economically without the U.S. and they know it. It's in NO ONE'S interest to start flinging nukes around. If anything, there would be ground troop engagement on Taiwanese soil, perhaps some airstikes - over there. Nukes are a big-time last resort for both continents.
              Darrin C
              '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
              07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

They did for 50 years,THEY are used to hardship and sacrifice,they would be able to very well.
                The North American countries are sent screaming when gas prices go up 10%,we are used to luxury and ease,we would have a lot rougher time coping than them.

Comment

God forbid if that ever comes to pass, that would also create an oppurtunity for the terrorists to set of the nukes that the news claims they already have brought onto US soil through the borders!

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

Originally posted by TimeLord

They have enough cash to buy...most Media...
                    Please let China buy our media. Nothing would make me happier.
                    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                    SOLD- Kinda miss it
                    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                    SOLD- Good riddance!
                    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Did u guys know in the revelations of the bible it says that when we fight against china it will be armageddon

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanius
                        Did u guys know in the revelations of the bible it says that when we fight against china it will be armageddon
                        A lot of people believe that, but I don't think it says "China" in Revelation, at least I haven't seen it. It is very possible, but I have a feeling that we are safe for now. "Armageddon" is a real place, and is just outside of Israel. There is some kind of tension between Israel and China right now, but I am not sure exactly what's going on with that. I think we have more to worry about, as far as the destruction of earth, from a huge asteroid or comet. If that happens, then who knows what would follow.

Comment

Anyone remember this song from the Kingston Trio?

Oh......

We can be tranquil and thankful and proud,
                          for man's been endowed with a mushroom shaped cloud.
                          And we know for certain that some lovely day......
                          Someone will set the spark off,
                          and we will all be blown away.

That tune is as fitting today as it was years ago.

Comment

If they want to nuke us, let them. We have the ultimate defense-

Invincibility, here we come
                            Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                            SOLD- Kinda miss it
                            94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                            SOLD- Good riddance!
                            2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

nuclear power

Comment

So beautifull and so terrifying at the same time!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X