Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I or Should I not buy this camaro base...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Test Drive SOLO done...

I have test drove it now... And the car feels as though it is secure and don't have any problems... I have talk to the man about giving me a warranty... I have also taked to him about other financing methods through him which if I use is going to mean 1200 down without a trade in... But I think I can get my mom to get me a loan through the bank and get it...

One of my friends has a firebird 98 bright red and all and she likes it... She has had normal wear and tear problems with it (like starter, and dragging something under it)... But another friend, said for me to be worry if it had an LT1 engine or was the 93-97 body style... And another said, just go with what you feel is right...

I am commuting back and forth to a community college and I am racking on miles like 300-400 miles a week or so. I need a good reliable ride and not too much for insurance and I want some power and some what of fuel economy (V6 models are what I mean in fuel economy... No lower than 19 mpg in city and 26 mpg on the highway...)... So is this car good for me or should I look else where...?
    Thanks
    MaraSport

Comment

If you do get the car make sure you do some fluid changes if you can't get proof they've already been done. Coolent change is necessary at 60,000 miles or or so. If it's not done it'll start to gunk up the coolent system. When I got my 96 I also had the transmission fluid, rear diff oil, and of course engine oil changed. It may be a little pricey upfront, but it may save you from more expensive problems in the end.

The 3800 series II is a great engine. You should be able to push past 30 mpg on long highway trips if you watch your speed.

Oh, one more thing....keep reading here and CamaroZ28.com you can be surprised what you can learn. Also check out the F-body FAQ at www.f-body.com There are a lot of other good links there too.

[edit] the link above should have been www.f-body.org
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

My z-28 is the longest lasting car I've ever owned, years and mileage wise (9 1/2 years and 235,000 miles). Yes, it will break occassionaly like any other car, for any number of reasons, but its cheaper to fix than an import. If you maintain it, and ask for comments about repairs or modifications, it will last you a long time too, and not cost you a bunch of money.
        The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Sounds like a nice car that fits your requirements. If you spent more time looking you could probably find one a little cheaper but it might not be as nice or as clean. My first car was a 6 cyl Camaro, but that was a 69 convertible so I didn't mind the 6 cyl. Insurance is a lot cheaper for the 6 so go for it.
          69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
          70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
          2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Well... Well... Well... Its almost time for it to be mine...

I have talked it over with my mom and she says that yes you can get it and we will trade her car... I am going to try and set up where I can be driving the car within a week or less...

And yes I know from experience that it will be cheaper than the imports... My toyota Celica ST 94 coupe has been wrecked (deer hit the front bumper, trashed the bumper and messed up the air conditioner condensor in front of the radiator)... it will cost me and my mom about 300 just to replace that alone, but in the process they have to remove my radiator and drain the coolant... So the price jumps up to 600 dollars just to do that...

A friend of mine had to replace her starter as I said earlier, it only costed her about 200 or so... Me that is in the mid to high 300s... Go figure...

I am going to try to work things out tonight to get my mom up to that dealership tomorrow... But I am not really sure I can work it so it may be friday of next week or monday or tuesday... I am trying my best to convince her that I can get that car... and that it is something that I like and is affordable and reliable... So...

But hay, Thanks Yal for helping me out and all...

NiK
            aka: MARASPORT
            Thanks
            MaraSport

Comment

I think I got it...

I am trying to work it still... But I think I got it... We go tomorrow (saturday) and look at the car and all (for me this will be my 5 or 6 time) and I am going to convince her into give the info. that the dealer needs and then I just have to wait until monday before I know for sure that everything worked out...

But I feel so happy that I am about to get me a Camaro, that my life and College life seems so BORING withOUT IT in MY POSSESSION. I can't wait, I just can't wait... I can't wait to say, "Hurrah... You finally got the car you dreamed of since you where 16..."

I JUST CAN'T WAIT...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Thanks
              MaraSport

Comment

Working...
              X