Picky Little Details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picky Little Details

OK, on my actual seatbelt buckles (attahced to lower console below armrest) the buttons, which used to be red, have scratched and faded to a pink shade. I decided I wanted to remove them, tape the buttons off, and re-spray them a fresh red. One problem....how do I remove them? Would I have to remove the console?

1992 RS 25TH Anniversary (with Heritage package) A4 305 TBI (L03), Mobile 1 Synthetic, Flowmaster 80 Series Cat-Back, 17"x 8" Cragar style rims(painted grey)/Hankook Ventus 245/45Z17....350 Coming One Day......

Passenger & Driver Seat have to come out. Then there is a torx bolt that bolts the seat belt to the floorplan. I forget what size it is.
    No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
      Passenger & Driver Seat have to come out. Then there is a torx bolt that bolts the seat belt to the floorplan. I forget what size it is.
      yup...

the casing is removable too...just have to pry it off. Once it's off, you can spray, let dry and replace the casing with some adhesives. I know cause my back seat casing fell off once...LOL and I had to glue it back in place.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
        I didn't take my seats out. I got mine out by sliding the seat all the way forward, removing the bolt and pulling the belt out from between the seat and the console. The bolt is a T50 (31 lbft when you put it back).

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that there was a recall on seatbelts. An easy way to tell if your's needed the belts replaced was if the buttons faded really fast or something
          1989 TA
          Flowmaster exhaust
          Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
          K&N CAI
          Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Originally posted by Disifer
            I thought I read somewhere that there was a recall on seatbelts. An easy way to tell if your's needed the belts replaced was if the buttons faded really fast or something
            Only 1984 up to 1990 model years are affected by the seat belt recall...He's got a 1992...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
            '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
            Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Working...
            X