Pagin Fred 36MM offset ZR1...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pagin Fred 36MM offset ZR1...

I know you run the 50mm ones but this guy is using the 36mm and he says they fit and don't stick out.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikevtaylor/17x11/17x11.htm
    Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

They don't look too bad in the pic's in that link, but they have to stick out 1/2" more on each side than the 50mm wheels on mine.

Go to CamaroZ28.com and go the the "Appearance" forum. There is a thread there.... something like "anyone got pics of 38mm 17x11's?".... do a search, and you should find it. There are some pictures of both in that thread.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Just "testing the water" here..... my car is not a "street" car any more. I could always use a little extra $$$$ for say, a BMR tubular K-member and a-arms.....

What do you think I could sell my street wheels/tires for:

Wheels:

-AFS ZR1 replicas

-Polished finish w/ clearcoat

-plain center caps

-threaded steel valves, chrome caps

-Like new... maybe a couple tiny "dots" or fisheyes in the clearcoat.

-No lugnuts... unless you want the ones I drilled and tapped all the way through the closed end to fit my 3" studs.

-Tires mounted, high speed balanced, using stick-on weights on the inside of wheel

Front:

-17x9.5, 56mm offset.

-275/40-17 BFG KDW, less than 1,000 miles, like new.

Back:

-17x11, 50mm offset

-315/35R17 BFG Drag Radials, less than 1,000 miles, never a burnout. Like new.

I paid $1,600 for these new, and put about $100 into mounting and balancing.

What do you think they are worth?
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I say put them on EBAY. I'd luv to get my hands on just the rims but the mod account is pretty bleak right now. Just did headers and springs /shocks.
          Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer

What do you think they are worth?
            Fred, these aren't worth anything Sell them to me for the cost of shipping. j/k If you come up with something that you feel you could live with, let me know. I would be a little more inclinded if the 315s weren't drag radials, but I can replace those.

Comment

I just looked at the top link with the 315s on the front and rear. I can't imagine having to drive that on the street. I've seen 315s on the front before and it looks OK, but the way it must "hunt the grooves" has to be wicked. My Vette with 255s on the front was middle of the road. The 275s on the front of my Vette and the T/A started to make it a handfull. The 285s on the front that I have now can really tug the wheel on uneven pavement. I am really thinking about changing the wheel and tire combo to something like a 17x8 with a 255/45/17 up front with 17x11 and 315/35/17 out back. The handling balance might be a little off until I get the suspension dialed in, but it sure would help the problem of following the grooves in the road.

Comment

Joe:

Have you ever noticed the rear tires "hunting"?

Here in NJ, the asphalt roads all have deep ruts from the 18-wheelers.... and as you note, there is the front "hunt" as the tires ride up and down the edges of the ruts. But under heavy acceleration, I have noticed the back end getting "squirrely"..... you can just feel it start to move from side to side as the tires grab opposite sides of the ruts... at least thats the only thing I can attribute it to. I never have that problem on concrete surfaces or at the track... very stable. But on asphalt roads with ruts it wanders a lot when I floor it. And it isn't just the stroker and the 315's... I noticed it with my bolt-on motor and 275's as well.
                Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                  Joe:

Have you ever noticed the rear tires "hunting"?

Here in NJ, the asphalt roads all have deep ruts from the 18-wheelers.... and as you note, there is the front "hunt" as the tires ride up and down the edges of the ruts. But under heavy acceleration, I have noticed the back end getting "squirrely"..... you can just feel it start to move from side to side as the tires grab opposite sides of the ruts... at least thats the only thing I can attribute it to. I never have that problem on concrete surfaces or at the track... very stable. But on asphalt roads with ruts it wanders a lot when I floor it. And it isn't just the stroker and the 315's... I noticed it with my bolt-on motor and 275's as well.
                  Oh yeah. Down here in Florida, most of the roadways are two lane state roads. Truck traffic is exceptionally high and that combined with the heat and roadway content, it makes for some interesting handling. It gets so freaking bad that you begin to use "trenches" as a slingshot when passing. You have to really watch the re-entry into your own lane. The trench can slingshot you off to the other shoulder. It is horrible when raining. All the water collects in these trenches and you have to try to negotiate 4 inches of standing water while trucks pass inches to your right.

I am wondering what the handling issues would be with the 315 rear and 255 front in these circumstances. I don't think I would mind steering corrections, I just don't like wrestling with the wheel.

Comment

Uh oh

I dont like the sounds of these horror stories dealing with the tire stagger's. I just ordered a set of wheels and tires 17x 9.5 in the front and 17x11 in the rear with 275 45's in the front and 315 35's in the rear.... I live in pensacola florida and didnt think that the ruts were very bad and that i would have issues but i just saw the post from florida and Im hoping youre not describing my roads. So is it really that bad?? I understand i will wrestle with the wheel on occasion, well i hope just on occasion, but the "sling shotting" from lane to lane sounds like its not too much fun! Hope my massive investment in wheels and tires doesnt make my car a handful! Some words of encouragement or warning would be appreciated... Thanks

Comment

98 z-two-8, I'm in your area. I've driven P'cola roads and they're ok except for all that construction on I-10/I-110. The different lane heights can be a hassle, but they are on just about anything you drive. The good thing about super wide tires are that grated roads don't cause you to hunt as much because the tires have such a huge contact patch over the area, so the grooves never "catch" the tire like on narrower ones. The "hunting" problem is most noticeable at intersections where cars sit on hot pavement and cause it to sink, and on roads that haven't been paved in a long time. Moffat Road over here in good ole Mobile used to be killer, but they retopped it and it went away. I sometimes had to ride the line to stay out of the ruts in the road. It's a combination of the width of the tire and the short sidewall heighth that causes the problem. But I've never been on a road in these two towns that would cause any serious problems for driving.

Check out www.gcfba.org , that's the f-body car club for Mobile/Pensacola. We're about to have a dyno day over here in Mobile, not to mention we have some guys that can hook that LS1 up with mods (as in installers and club discounts).
                      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Re: Uh oh

Originally posted by 98 z-two-8
                        I dont like the sounds of these horror stories dealing with the tire stagger's..................Hope my massive investment in wheels and tires doesnt make my car a handful! Some words of encouragement or warning would be appreciated... Thanks
                        We're not saying that these things are beyond control. They are simply a tendency on certain bad road conditions. We might joke around a bit here and there as to what it feels like, but no way does this make the car unsafe or even remotely non pleasurable to drive. Certain irregularities in handling on bad roads can't be avoided with a solid axle rear, only an independent rear can help.
                        My 17x9.5 with 285/40/17 on all four corners has been fantastic. with upgrades in the suspension and custom alignment, the car tracks neutral in the corners, can easily modulate throttle induced oversteer, and is purely awesome in the rain due to the Firestone SZ-50s. Now if I were to change wheel and tire combos, I would have to change alignment settings, experiment with different tire compounds, shocks, etc... to get the car totally balanced. That is what life is all about. Infinite choices.

Comment

A hunting we will go...

Fred,

I have thew stock WS6 rims front and rear. WIth my Dunlop SP9000's, the car "tracks" quite a bit better than when I had the GSC's. However, under heavy acceleration, of which I never do (huh)... , the car is a bit jumpy. Could be the 4.10's, the Torsen diff., or the firmer suspension. Not sure, but I have experienced the occassional sideways hop you are refering to. Scary but liveable
                          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Thank

All of that info is good to hear. I expected the car to wander in intersections and on 110 and 10, The way you guys were talking about it just made it seem like more of an issue. I am interested in getting together with an fbody club here in pcola, so get me some info if you would! thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X