No announcement yet.

track times, bad night!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first run Friday was against a Prelude. The guy ran a 16.98. We were all cracking up because he never got out of his car in 4+ hours and I think he went down the track about 15 times! MY best run was against an '03 Mustang auto trans GT (not Cobra ). He ran a 15.01 with a 2.2 60' time. I think the guy was very new because in the burnout box he was just lurching the car forward when he was trying to haze his tires. I just hold the brake!

To Raro: when you are in the staging lanes open up the hood and when you need to move up just push the car if it is not sloped. Also, if you can put some ice on the intake it will help. My car went from a 13.93 to a 13.79 and the only thing that was different on the car was that I iced the intake. It made a difference of about 3+ MPH over my previous best at the track. Same tire pressure (street tires) and everything! Try that next time you go to the track.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
    Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

I read about a guy running 14.2 @ 101 mph with a 2.0-2.1 60' on cz28. If I ran that at 89, I wonder what would have happened if I would have hooked up good and trapped at what I should have... I just was trying to figure out a "What if?" I ran a 1.8 60 ft...

I am positive now that I let off the gas too early. I am going back soon... Hopefully on a day where I can run at least 5 times or so.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I run 13.80's very steady now since I've been hooking 2.0 60 times. It's very possible.

I think shoot for 2.0's and go from there. If I ever get a 1.8 I am gonna go crazy. But since I'm hooking 2.0's now with a car that has been lowered I figure correcting the LCA's and getting a different torque arm may get me there. It's possible. Along with sticky tires of course.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
        Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

Originally posted by jerrysta
          I run 13.80's very steady now since I've been hooking 2.0 60 times. It's very possible.

I think shoot for 2.0's and go from there. If I ever get a 1.8 I am gonna go crazy. But since I'm hooking 2.0's now with a car that has been lowered I figure correcting the LCA's and getting a different torque arm may get me there. It's possible. Along with sticky tires of course.
          Keep in mind I've got a lotta BMR stuff as it is. Everything but the torque arm. That's why I'm figuring if stockers are getting 2.0 60 ft's, I can pull off a couple tenths better. The Torque arm is on the list, but it's $$$.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

Isn't it a lot more difficult than you imagined? Every time at the track I gain a new appreciation of what the pros do. It is not anywhere near as easy as it looks!!
            Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
              Isn't it a lot more difficult than you imagined? Every time at the track I gain a new appreciation of what the pros do. It is not anywhere near as easy as it looks!!
              yea, it's a little harder than it looks, but I had a bad run from the get. The sticky throttle is what killed it the most. Had I been able to feather the clutch out for my launch, or launch at a lower RPM, I wouldn't have pulled a 3 second hole shot. I don't even feel like I got a run in.

BTW, throttle has not stuck since it started last night 5 minutes before my run. Go figure.

Comment

I think my best so far with the suspension and nitto's is 2.079 60' (13.4 run). The tires bit pretty good. Suspension needs alot of tuning still. Launching at idle too. I think if I got a 1.8 I would be shopping for a new rear end. I would settle for 1 run with no knock retard right now.
                1995 Firebird Formula
                (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Working...
                X