93 Intake leak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Intake leak

No wonder the intake was leaking...... look at the crap silicone that was used once before. I swear that this was done before using clear that turned cloudy from the oil. not only that, the bolts weren't even tight.

And one of the intake pulled:

And finally, one of the nice thick bead of high temp black used for the correct repair:

Hey, that looks familiar lol . Definitely looks like clear silicone. Gonna use the copper stuff for the new seals? Also, might not be a time to replace the FPR and EGR...maybe even the injectors if you'v got a spare set or can get a good set for cheap. I'd highly recommend the SLP set, but they stopped sellig them. Plus, since you've already got it open, a TB air foil wouldn't be bad either . Only thing is, if you don't go with the stock flow rate, you've gotta get a custom chip (as you already know I'm sure ), so that would start eatin' up your budget. But, a little more juice and less noise from the motor would be worth it IMHO. Hope this helps .
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
      Gonna use the copper stuff for the new seals? .
      I thought about it, but in the 3rd pic you can see the high temp black. I did the whole thing in 2½ hours but let it cure until today. It fired right up and runs strong. By the way, I did sneak an airfoil in there while the elbow was off. and bypassed the coolant lines to the throttle body. I tested the EGR, it works fine. Had to replace a couple of rubber elbows on some of the vacuum lines, but other than that she's good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        I thought about it, but in the 3rd pic you can see the high temp black. I did the whole thing in 2½ hours but let it cure until today. It fired right up and runs strong. By the way, I did sneak an airfoil in there while the elbow was off. and bypassed the coolant lines to the throttle body. I tested the EGR, it works fine. Had to replace a couple of rubber elbows on some of the vacuum lines, but other than that she's good to go.
        Good deal . Mine runs much better since I replace the sticking EGR (thanks again ). Btw, are your injectors clacking or are they pretty quite? Mine were, thought I had a major problem at first lol.
        Steve

Comment

I can't say they are noisy, but then again I was used to it due to the batch fire system in my 93 Vette.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            I can't say they are noisy, but then again I was used to it due to the batch fire system in my 93 Vette.
            Good way to tell is to listen to the TA idle then listen to the Z idle...you'll hear the clacking.
            Steve

Comment

Definatley know that engine bay. Havent been that far into it yet tho.
              99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Working...
              X