No announcement yet.

Sucks for Cali folk.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Jay Leno and Tim Allen and Jesse James and all those famous guys that collect & build custom cars out there??? Sometimes I just wish Kalifornia would succeed from the union or quake apart & fall into the Pacific Ocean (hear that, San Andreas Fault? And while you're at it, take Oregon as well. Oh, and if it's not asking too much, could you please do something about Massachusetts?)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
      What about Jay Leno and Tim Allen and Jesse James and all those famous guys that collect & build custom cars out there??? Sometimes I just wish Kalifornia would succeed from the union or quake apart & fall into the Pacific Ocean (hear that, San Andreas Fault? And while you're at it, take Oregon as well. Oh, and if it's not asking too much, could you please do something about Massachusetts?)
      Oh, gee, thanks man lol
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Oh, and please leave Steve's hunk of land standing complete with a gas station and a road to Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
          Oh, and please leave Steve's hunk of land standing complete with a gas station and a road to Vegas.
          As long as its a 76 station lol

Yeah, I can't wait to see some cop try and pull that crap on me. All he'll get is the exhaust, and I can easily fight that. Anyways, I'm not worried...there's too many ricers out here for them to have to worry about my lil ol Z
          Steve

Comment

That article said nothing about impouding or seizing cars for being modified. It said specifically illegal modifications. As long as your mods are 50 state legal, you're fine. This changes nothing. These same laws have been on the books for years, it's just now that they're receiving money to enforce them. That's all this article was saying. They can show that legal modifications give them probable cause to believe that you may have illegal mods. So they have the right to stop and look. They CANNOT take your car for having "50 state legal" mods, hence the term "50 state legal". I do not, however, believe noise ordinances should be left up to the officer's discretion. That's just asking for abuse. They have to measure tint, why not measure noise?
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
              That article said nothing about impouding or seizing cars for being modified. It said specifically illegal modifications. As long as your mods are 50 state legal, you're fine. This changes nothing. These same laws have been on the books for years, it's just now that they're receiving money to enforce them. That's all this article was saying. They can show that legal modifications give them probable cause to believe that you may have illegal mods. So they have the right to stop and look. They CANNOT take your car for having "50 state legal" mods, hence the term "50 state legal". I do not, however, believe noise ordinances should be left up to the officer's discretion. That's just asking for abuse. They have to measure tint, why not measure noise?
              Agreed. Of course, all I need is some bonehead noob looking at the GN and wondering if I'm lying to him when I tell him the turbo came with the car. Oy!
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                Dave you hit it right on the money. The thing is, cops have been doing this for a while, and I'm pretty sure even with the new funding, we won't see any change that drastic. They're always looking for tinted front windows, fart pipes, excessively lowered cars (you know the Civics and almost scrape the ground). As long as you're legal and don't bother them, they won't bother you. Now if you pull a "stunt" in front of them, then that's a different story
                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
                X