Melted harness??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melted harness??

Ok so i replaced the 02's and got the extensions, in the process i noticed the harness on the passangers side got melted by my header slightly. Can i just splice into it, and extend it long enough to keep it away from the heat??
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

Yes, you can repair the engine harness.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

thanks, i thought so but i just wanted to double check since it is the piece with the 02 sensors on it.
      -Nick-
      95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
        thanks, i thought so but i just wanted to double check since it is the piece with the 02 sensors on it.
        The portion of the wiring that is attached to the sensor should not be repaired. That's why I said you could repair the engine harness (not referring to sensor harness).
        The sensors extract reference air from the wiring (like a straw). If the wiring is modified, you run the chance of screwing up the operation of the sensor.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
        X