You think you know LT1's..answer this!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z28marine
    The reason is that i keep asking different boards is because i keep getting different suggestions everytime, and i havnt had tht time to work on it.
    Then why waste everyone's time and bandwidth. When you get time, try a few of the suggestions, and let us know what happened.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Well, thats the plan, but before i went and bought a new waterpump or took off the crankshaft pulley i wanted to see what everyone thought. Im gonna try the AC since i cant go to the autoparts store at the moment and get a stethescope to see exactly where the sound is coming from. How do I disengage the AC?

Comment

Comment

ok now.........................

heat shield?

think about it.

or...........

dude.....you need to spend some time under the hood......quiet time......with a stethoscope .......a light......and no distractions.....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

whether or not it gets louder or not when the air is on is irrelevant
            he said he took the belt completely off and it was still there
            however there is an increase in strain on the engine when the air is on computer says its on so the idle is increased and all that
            i think the trouble lies in the cam area or like earlier in the opti
            Attached Files
            Brian Diehl,USAF

1995 Z-28 Polo Green with chrome ZO6 rims K&N and Flowmaster

Comment

Working...
            X