X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little car comments that bug you?

What are they?

I'll go first...

You spend 3 hours washing, waxing car etc... You pick up a buddy who smears his finger prints on the door/window, you get mad and say "watch it!"

then he responds...

"It's just a car..."

That one makes my blood boil, what about you?

how about the guy that sat on my freshly painted fender and scratched it with his jeans. I said you got pay for that, and he said its just a scratch dood

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

"Dude that's a sweet Camaro!"
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I can totally relate to the comment above about somebody leaning on your car and scratching it. That really erks the crap out of me. I was at IHOP about a month ago, talking to my buddy and his girlfriend outside. This punk azz ghetto black kid decides to come over to ask us if we know any place that he can buy pot. Well, being that I'm a police officer, I'm just looking at this kid like you moron... (I had just gotten off duty, and still had my uniform, gun, etc.) Now, how stupid can you be? Granted I just got on a PD, and I am young, but now seriously. So onto my story... The kid then proceeds to walk over to my car and lean on it. I go, "excuse me dude, get off my car".. He looks at me all dumbfounded. "I repeat get off my da$N car".. He then moves his azz and replies "My bad" then starts to walk away. I tell the kid to get back here, which he does. I then examine my car and see there are no scratches so I let him go..... He would have scratched my car if he didn't have his XXXXXX FUBU shirt on that covered 3/4 of his body. Man, that really pissed me off. It's just amazing how stupid that kid was to ask a cop, "Where can I buy pot around here." HAHAHA.. I was thinking, I probably confiscated your brother's earlier that night when we did a pull over, hahaha
        One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Comment

.... '5.7 V8 and only 275hp??' , 'how much gas does it eat up?' . 'Is that a camaro?' .
          1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
          "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6

Them: nice Camaro

ME Its a Trans AM

Them: its the same thing

me: AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahhhhhhh
            1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
            1 of 463
            LT4 knock module
            D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
            strut tower brace
            SLP fan switch
            160* t/stat
            Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
            DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

the one that gets me is " hey buddy i bet ya pass everything but the gas station eh hahahaha" they laugh away like they are the first person to say that i just want to look at them and say " nice neon i bet you get passed by everything" haha
              maybe it is just me haha i have a short fuse

Comment

Usually doens't bother me when someone mistakes my TA for a Firebird or a Camaro, at least they know the names of some nice cars, and I know they aren't trying to insult it.

What chapped my *** is when the announcer at San Antonio Raceway kept announcing "We will see if another Foxbody gets knocked out of the Quick 8 by Todd in his Camaro, uh, F-Body."

I'm thinking, why the hell did I fill out a tech card in the first place?

You are the announcer, and you know it's a F-Body vs Foxbody shootout, you'd think he was up to date on the the possabilities. "Mustang, Camaro, Z28, SS, Firebird, Formula, Trans Am" Is that really too much to ask?
                =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2001 TA ~ 2000 TA ~ 95 TA - Sold ~ 87 FB - Buried in New Mexico ~ 86 FB - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                  What are they?

I'll go first...

You spend 3 hours washing, waxing car etc... You pick up a buddy who smears his finger prints on the door/window, you get mad and say "watch it!"

then he responds...

"It's just a car..."

That is it to a T !!!! I had to teach my wife this basic knowledge!! She thinks I'm nuts. lol
                  1997 Trans Am WS6 Black M6
                  370 RWHP / 352 TQ
                  CC306 & Comp behives, LT1 Extreme Duty timing set, 1.6 RR's, CSR Elec Water Pump, Pacesetter LT's & ORY, GMMG w/ Ovals, K&N, Air Foil, TB Bypass, !AIR, !EGR, !CAGS, 160 deg thermo, LT4 KM, PCM tuning by Total-ReCal, March Pullies, Pro 5.0, 4.11 gears, LS1 alum DS, BMR strut tower brace, UMI SFC's, LCA's w/relo brackets & panhard

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                    LOL I get that all the time too. Or, where's the Camaro? How's the Camaro? Does your Camaro have a V8?
                    Arrrrrrrgggggg
                    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

"That's too loud!"

"Man, I almost kept up with you."

"I bet that thing gets bad mileage."

And the thing that peeves me the most...

Me: "Don't slam my door please."

Them: "Oh, sorry."

...the next time...

SLAM!!

GRRRRRRRR
                      Steve
                      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

the gto (yall covered the TA comments pretty well, except that people always said "you own that silver trans am, right?".......it's a "Comp T/A" (says it where "Trans Am" is on the sides ..and the back...... go figure)

idiot: "That a v8"?

me: "no, it's a 6 liter v6..............."

idiot: "what kind of gas mileage does that get"?

me: "i dont know..........and i dont care".......

bigger idiot: "nice grand am"........ "nice camery"....... "nice accord"......."nice bmw".........

another idiot: "you have to shift it?...why didnt you get an automatic transmission......do they come with those:...............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I always park in a remote spot, away from everyone else. I NEVER double park or take up more than just my space, it's just that I don't trust anyone to be careful with their doors.

Anyway, whenever I go somewhere with this one friend of mine, he always comments on how stupid it is that I have to park so far away. He claims someone will key my car because of it. I'm like "Dude, I'm not hurting anyone by being this far away. I'm not parked crooked. If anything, I'm leaving the front spots open for people like you who could care less about their car".

He just doesn't get it. Figures. He drives a CRV.
                          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I love it when someone makes a gas milage comment...A good chance to educate a poor ignorant soul!
                            Joe K.
                            '11 BMW 328i
                            '10 Matrix S AWD
                            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                              What are they?

I'll go first...

then he responds...

"It's just a car..."

Yes

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                              And the thing that peeves me the most...

Me: "Don't slam my door please."

Them: "Oh, sorry."

...the next time...

SLAM!!

GRRRRRRRR
                              Double yes

If they know it's an 8 cylinder...
                              "Does it have a corvette engine in there?"

If they don't...
                              "What kind of engine do you have in there?"

Me: "An LT1 V8"

Them: (1) "Totally dumbfounded look on their face because I said LT1" or...and I've actually gotten this before... they respond with (2) "So is it a V8" ... right after I just said V8 by the way.

Me: To response 1 "Yup...it means Limited Edition Torque Monster 1st series... basically you get 500 ft. lbs. or torque stock" ... at this point they either go along with it or realize I'm just being a jack@ss

To response 2 "Nope....it's a 5.7 liter 4 banger"

Someone also referred to the "Screaming Chicken" as the "Puking Vulture" when talking to me before. I personally think he was just p*ssed because he owns a gremlin that just sits in the garage because it never drives right and is forced to drive his moms dodge caravan all of the time
                              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                              X