AC Help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Help please

It is suddenly blowing warm. Any ideas of where I should start to check first. I bought a recharge can and I have the correct pressure(according to the guage on the can), but it still blows warm. I figured I should check the relay and fuse, so I swapped the Ac relay with one I know works and it still did not blow warm. The fuse was fine. I am not really sure how the compressor works, but shouldnt the center of the pulley(clutch I think) spin. If so, it doesn't. Does this mean I need to replace the compressor? If so, what is the best way, underneath or up top?

Hope this wasnt too confusing, just never worked on an AC system before.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

You can short the contacts to make the ac clutch engage using a paper clip.
    If it doesn't, then the ac clutch is bad.

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

RangerBob You can short the contacts to make the ac clutch engage using a paper clip.
      If it doesn't, then the ac clutch is bad.

Can you go in to detail about where to put a jumper to short the green wire going to the clutch. I have no power going to the clutch.The relay an fuss are all ok. The clutch will not inguage when I turn it on. Sorry about hi jacking the thread but mybe this will help us bouth out. Thanks four what ever help you have to offer Blazer

Comment

Mine lost the refrigerant from the compressor's front seal, the seal can be replaced. I pulled the compressor, the shop replaced the seal, I reinstalled the compressor, they evacted the system and recharged it. This one has been good since April.

If the compressor is shot, go with a NEW one, not a rebuild. I had one from Autozone last about 3months and for $100 difference it wasn't worth the work and recharge fee.
        The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Rangerbob,
          Could you please elaborate about how to jump the compressor. Anything electrical I usually am ignorant about so if you could tell me where I need to be hooking up my jumper I would appreciate it. Sounds like this will help out blazer as well.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Well, I know when Mine was low a few weeks ago, I went to recharge it and the compressor wouldn't turn on, So I hooked the laptop to it and found that I had a DTC - low a/c charge. As soon as I cleared it, it started working.
            Richard Harvey Jr.
            '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Hey My car and my Haynes manual are in Florida, I'm in Kuwait. Can't look it up for you. Sorry

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

When did our cars switch from r-12 to r-134?
                1989 TA
                Flowmaster exhaust
                Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
                K&N CAI
                Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Originally posted by Disifer
                  When did our cars switch from r-12 to r-134?
                  93 was supposed to be the last year for r-12

Comment

Working...
                  X