Spray cleaner for MAF ?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray cleaner for MAF ?????

is there a spray cleaner you can use to clean the MAF sensors, such as carb cleaner????

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
    KY F-Bodies Unlimited

I wouldn't spray the cleaner in the MAF - the MAF is pretty sensitive and that will most likely cause it to fail. Take it apart, and use a Q-tip with the cleaner to gently clean the points in there - it'll work great after you're done!
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Electrical cleaner is safe.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Yea, some say that you shouldn't clean it with any cleaner, but I'm with Rob. I used electrical contact cleaner and it helped quite a bit. The sensors were actually black from all the build-up over the years. After it was cleaned, the idle changed (for the good) and ran much smoother. Just be careful when you clean it.
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Q-Tip with Windex.
          - Dan

Comment

so is it safe to touch it with a q-tip? cause i've heard not to touch it at all.
            96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

I wouldn't touch it at all. I'm with Rob and Craig, electrical cleaner (which is, essentially, rubbing alcohol).
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I have also used a q-tip and alcohol. Just be nice with it.
                Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
                X