abs inop light on??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abs inop light on??

just turned on yersterday. whats it mean?
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

It means your anti-lock is non functional.

Comment

Mine's been INOP for 4 years. It happened after I changed the plugs and wires one time. Every other wire change, the light has still been on.
      I locked them up only once in a downpour...couldn't see a stop sign in darkness. Still stopped in time though, and there weren't any other cars around anyway.
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Mine has been like that for almost 3 years, my brothers TA was like that too from when he bought it 4 years ago. Was coming down a hill to a stoplight and i had bald tires went to brake and the ass end swung around on me. Stopped sideways almost on the line of the intersection, scared my fiance half to death and i think her younger sister almost lost her dinner. It was super dark out and wet. Dont know what causes it.
        1995 LT1 bird
        10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
        275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
        agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
        6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

Comment

mines now inop too, after replacing my carrier and ring and pinion. theres a part from gm i could buy... but i like sliding all over the road.

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
          www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

Originally posted by LoudLT1
            just turned on yersterday. whats it mean?
            eddie
            Generally, it means there's a problem with one of the wheel sensors. Worth the time to check the harness connectors for each sensor, and clean them up with come electrical contact cleaner. If that doesn't work, a dealer or good brake shop can scan the ABS system for codes that will tell you what the problem is.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Injuneer,
              any link on how to do this?

" check the harness connectors for each sensor, and clean them up with some electrical contact cleaner."

i go the cleaner but were are these connectors located???
              eddie
              1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

The connectors are located on the back side of the front wheel bearing hubs and on top of the rear differential ( 3 channel non traction control). If you have traction control, then the rears are at each wheel. They are easy to reach by getting the car into the air via either ramps or jack and stands.

Comment

Another thought... if you have the 3-channel setup with the rear sensor on the diff housing, pull the sensor out and look for an accumulation of iron particles. I"ve heard of that happening, but have never actually seen it.
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I think that a brake light bulb burned out turns on the light too. It knocks ou the cruise too.
                    1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
                    Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
                    Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

every once in while mine comes on..then when i shut the car off and turn it back on it goes away...
                      1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

as all ready mentioned check the conectors on the rear of the front wheel hubs and the multi plug at the back of the car where the feed from the diff sensor plugs in (3 chanel abs ) also check that you have not got a break light bulb out mine doen this and was worse at night when i had the lights on also when mine acted up it also knocked out the criuse control
                        http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
                        C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
                        mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Working...
                        X