H20 Temp doesn't come up??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H20 Temp doesn't come up??

Hey guys i just noticed that my water temp is not coming up at all it stays all the way below 100. I have a 98 z28 so you know. What could this be.

i believe the coolant sensor in the head between #1 & 3 cyls is the sensor that feeds info to the dash, id check the connection/ integrity of that first and go from there. did you install anything or did it just start happening out of the blue?

-chris

Comment

The above info is for an LT1. The person who asked the question has an LS1. Are you sure the coolant gauge temp sensor is in the same location on an LS1?
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

no im not sure i was assuming they were setup similar, one in the waterpump for the temp back to the ecu and one in the head for the dash cluster...... sorry if im wrong just tryin to help

Comment

no i didn't install anything but if i end up having to spend like 300 bucks for the garage to fix it i should just install an autometer gauge in a pod on the a pillar for cheaper.

Comment

The temp sensor is a $15 part. It shuoldn't take more than a few minutes to replace. Find out where it is, check the harness wire to make sure it didn't fall off. If the wire is still intact, you can test the temp sensor with an ohm meter. I can give the table of resistance vs. temperature, if you want.

Hard to believe there are no LS1 owners here who can help you out.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X