Dyno results...hmmmm...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
    It seems like he uses the "lower number" correction factor, but then again, it seems that he thinks all dynojets use this
    Any Dynojet with WinPep software has the ability to correct to just about any standard including most international standards. They can even give you your number uncorrected. This guy doesn't sound too experienced.

Additionally if they did in fact stick their wideband sensor up into the taipipe, they are doing it wrong.

Comment

Well, I've pulled the chip out pending a talk with Alvin from PCMForLess. She runs a little better I think. Obviously she's runnin' a little rich and idles a little rougher, but its better to run the car a little rich than risk burning up a piston, right? lol

Also, I've been mulling over the slight knock retard and also talked with Craig. A lean condition would cause knock...could that be why I saw some retard? Thanks guys.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Ok, got the new chip in on Fri. Runs a lot better. Man, I forgot how hot these motors run stock and how quickly they get hot (stupid OEM fan settings). We did some logging after I put the chip in. Idle BLMs were all over the place (as to be expected), but under part or full throttle, BLMs seemed to be spot-on, 128 both banks. I'd say this is good, yeah?

However, there was still some knock retard. Less than a degree according to Craig...if I remember correctly. I guess I'm doin' plugs and wires sooner than I thought.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
        X