needed help real bad part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needed help real bad part 2

to make it short i couldn't get in to any gears . i turned it off and i can get in to any gears then i change the transmision fluid and new problem everytime i down shifted to 1 it makes weird noises like ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (something like that) and sometimes if i upshifted from 1 to 2 makes same noise too. what is happened to my car and how much will it cost to fix it.and what should i do. thanks everyone.
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
    SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
    Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Originally posted by 1sickbird
    to make it short i couldn't get in to any gears . i turned it off and i can get in to any gears then i change the transmision fluid and new problem everytime i down shifted to 1 it makes weird noises like ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (something like that) and sometimes if i upshifted from 1 to 2 makes same noise too. what is happened to my car and how much will it cost to fix it.and what should i do. thanks everyone.
    Your clutch may not be releasing all the way. Did you check the fluid level like I suggested?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

bro i did changed the fluids but to be honest i don't know how to check it would you mind to tell me how ?
      2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
      Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports

Comment

Did you bleed the clutch and everything?
        96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

when put the car down on the level ground the fluid just leak everywhere the i closed it up
          2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Comment

The tranny fluid and the clutch fluid are 2 different things. Let me find a picture. I have heard that LS1 clutches can be a PITA. They are different than LT1 clutches even though they are both hydraulic.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

This is the clutch pedal fluid fill tank. Make sure this is full. As your clutch wears, this level will drop. If it gets too low, it will suck in air and not work. I believe the LS1 has a method to bleed the system. (The LT1 does not.)

Comment

wow was i way off . what kind a fluid do i need or clucth and its not really full i checked and the fluid its not sleepry.
                2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Comment

wow was i way off . what kind a fluid do i need or clucth and its not really full i checked and the fluid its not sleepry.
                  It should say on the cap. If its like the LT1, its DOT 3 brake fluid. But, make sure and check what your lid says first. Hope this helps
                  Steve
                  79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                  87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                  93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                  http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

many many thank you , and i hope that is the problem and hoping its not the clucth.
                    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Comment

I'm having a little trouble following the progress so far through this thread...

...did 1sickbird mistakenly change some arbitrary fluid thinking it was the transmission fluid? Does he now have transmission fluid somewhere where it's not supposed to be?
                      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I was thinking that as well. Becuase if he did, then he needs to figure out what he replaced and remedy that immediately or something could get really damaged. Hope everything works out though now that you figured out what it is that your looking at.
                        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                          I'm having a little trouble following the progress so far through this thread...

...did 1sickbird mistakenly change some arbitrary fluid thinking it was the transmission fluid? Does he now have transmission fluid somewhere where it's not supposed to be?
                          i changed the transmision fluid because i didn't know that clucth fluid is different with transmision and now i don't know how to change clucth fluid and i hope my clucth is ok.
                          2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Comment

i changed the transmision fluid because i didn't know that clucth fluid is different with transmision and now i don't know how to change clucth fluid and i hope my clucth is ok.
                            You don't need to change it. You need to fill it and bleed it.

Comment

i still don't know i might go to dealer and ask them to do it and btw clucth fluid supposed to be black or kinda gold color?
                              2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Comment

Working...
                              X