needed help real bad part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1sickbird
    i still don't know i might go to dealer and ask them to do it and btw clucth fluid supposed to be black or kinda gold color?
    Well it's brake fluid so if it's dot 3 or 4 it's going to be a dark purple.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

hydraulic clutch system .hydraulic clutch fluid GM part no 12345347 or DOT-3 brake fluid. i got that from manual book. could you tell me how to bleed it please
      2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
      SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
      Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

hydraulic clutch system .hydraulic clutch fluid GM part no 12345347 or DOT-3 brake fluid. i got that from manual book. could you tell me how to bleed it please
        I can't because I don't have a bleed-able system.

I bet it's a 2 person job where 1 person pushes down the pedal while the other under the car opens the bleeder valve, lets it squirt, then closes its. Then the person inside lets up on the pedal and you do it over again. Keep rechecking the fluid level so you don't run it dry. Do it till you get the air out of the system just like brakes. But I'm not a gambling man.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

The bleeder valve on the LS1 clutch slave cylinder is very difficult to get to. Given what I've read so far, you may not have the knowledge to do a correct bleed procedure. Might be best to find a shop with some experience specifically with the LS1 clutch. The dealers see very few of these cars for service, so they generally don't know much about them.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

i changed the transmision fluid because i didn't know that clucth fluid is different with transmision and now i don't know how to change clucth fluid and i hope my clucth is ok.
            So, did you put hydraulic(clutch reservoir) fluid into the actual transmission? Like Jeff asked, is your clutch fluid reservoir full? Did you put transmission fluid in the clutch reservoir?

Comment

i filled both place with dot 3 fluid like on caps says. and its lot better i can easily donw shift and everything. and thank you for you guys helped i couldn't do it without you guys help.and that saved me $1100 at pontiac dealer.
              2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
              Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports

Comment

i filled both place with dot 3 fluid like on caps says. and its lot better i can easily donw shift and everything. and thank you for you guys helped i couldn't do it without you guys help.and that saved me $1100 at pontiac dealer.
                Good. Will you believe me the first time next time? (joking)

Comment

lol i believed you since the beginning bro but i didn't know that trans fluid is different with clutch fluid. but anyway thank you for helping me from the start bro.now i'm confused between SLP Shocks/Springs, Front/Rear, 93-02 Bilstein/Eibach (set) or PaceSetter Exhaust Ceramic-Coated Long Tube Headers, 2000-2002 LS1 F-Body with Emissions Fittings, With TSP 3" Y-Pipe with Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters - On Special!
                  Price: $700.00
                  2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Comment

So... you just filled up the clutch fluid without bleeding the lines?
                    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

just add little , now you scaring me jay what will happened?
                      2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Comment

just add little , now you scaring me jay what will happened?
                        Hopefully the clutch will work now. If it's working, everything is fine.

Comment

works just fine now bro thank you
                          2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Comment

works just fine now bro thank you
                            Then don't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X