No announcement yet.

lowd mouth 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I didn't like it at first because the tone was not what I was expecting. My LS1 is a new car to me, replacing my previous 93 LT1...

I had several setups on the LT1 car:

- Stock
    - Flowmaster 80 series welded in place of stock
    - SLP 2otl

Of those, I liked the sound of the flowmaster the best. Rowdy and deep. The SLP 2otl has a great sound, very deep, but it is also relatively quiet and was a little too quiet for my tastes.

When I picked up my 2000 LS1 vert... the stock exhaust was waaaaay too quiet. Man it seemed silent and had to go. I knew I the 2otl was too quiet, and suspected a LM would be too loud, so I went with the LM2.

The volume on the LM2 is still very high, probably a tad more than I wanted. But what I really didn't like about it at first was the tone, because it is a completely different tone than from my LT1 setups. But now that I realize that is just the LS1... so it's growing on me. I guess it's more of a modern sound.

FYI if I had my way... all V8's would sound like a 5.0 Mustang with Flowmasters or any of many other older 70-80's V8's. I hate Mustangs as much as the next guy, but as far as a benchmark goes, that low rumble and tone is my preference.

In the end if you are really particular the only thing to do is to get around cars with different setups.

The one thing I'll give the LM2 is that it can be reasonablly civil if you drive very gently, and cruising is good. Even in my vert it's ok. But if you use that throttle - everyone knows about it and it screams with no rasp.

Comment

Working...
    X