Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Missing . . . . .And I'm Stumped!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the advice guys! I forgot to mention . . . while replacing the coil and ignition control module, I did the ICM spacing modification. It didn't cure the problem. The car runs great in the morning but after the car heats up, the problem gets worse.

Based on your advice, I'm gonna take a close look at the crank sensor, then move to the opti sensor, then O2 sensors. I be sure to report my results! Thanks for the help.
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
      Thanks for all the advice guys! I forgot to mention . . . while replacing the coil and ignition control module, I did the ICM spacing modification. It didn't cure the problem. The car runs great in the morning but after the car heats up, the problem gets worse.

Based on your advice, I'm gonna take a close look at the crank sensor, then move to the opti sensor, then O2 sensors. I be sure to report my results! Thanks for the help.
      Well based on that information, you may want to look at your "front" O2 sensors first. When the "front" O2 sensors are reportedly heated up sufficiently to start switching, the PCM will attempt to go into closed loop operation and hence depending on the info from the "front" 02 sensors to adjust fuel accordingly. If you have a bad "front" 02 sensor, this will cause your motor to be fed erratic amounts of fuel.

Comment

I wouldnt rule out injectors. I had mine cleaned at a local shop but it ended up I needed to actuly remove them and get them sent out and tested. The place that tested them had to rebuild 4 of them because they were off.
        I hate missfires, varry hard to find sometimes. Just last week my missfire came back and they said it was the wires arcing after 6 months of use (Taylor 8mm) this post post has possibly shed some light into why. Thanks
        94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

I had a problem with the Taylor's arcing too. Went back to the MSD 8.5's. Open the hood at night and check to see if the wires are arching.
          1995 Firebird Formula
          (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Working...
          X