No announcement yet.

big traction issue!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think a cold drag radial hooks worth a darned. My bet is that the tires need some heat in order to hook. Do a good strong burnout and then launch. That alone can be worth a substantial amount. Beyond that, unhooking the front sway bar to get as much front end lift will help plant the rear better. Playing with the angle on an adjustable torque arm can help too. If you dropped the car and still have a stock torque arm, I'll guarantee you don't have the proper angle and it's not going to hook worth a darned. I have a BMR adjustable and am very satisfied. www.bmrfabrication.com

Comment

Could it be that all of the extra power from the repair and tune is causing this??? Sure sounds like it to me. I would think a sticky injector would bog the motor down. Plus a good tune... It all amounts to better power and therefore more rear end slippage... A better suspension, like recommended, is probably the fix. Good Luck
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

ok i talked to a few friends of mine and have come to the conclusion the clutch is shot... the tires arent spinning its the motor revving... the clucth pedal catches waaaay high... there is a centerforce clutch in there and a few ppl have said those are good to about 350 horse... now the weird part is there is a clutch fluid smell, but as bad as the clutch is it doesnt smoke... now im probably going to get a clutch kit and replace it all but someone told me there is an adjustment for the clutch near the slave cylinder for adjustents. id like to possibly see if i can get to that adjustment or if anyone has any expirience with that and then over the winter replace the whole darn thing.... any recommendations for clutches? i was looking at a ram kit (heavy duty) but says it only supports up to 400hp... i need something that can hold about 450hp. anyone have any good expiriences with mcloud clutches? thanks!

-chris

Comment

Originally posted by paxton350
          ok i talked to a few friends of mine and have come to the conclusion the clutch is shot... -chris
          Hahaha - Sorry...

Comment

Working...
          X