Ordering gears...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering gears...

Im going to order 3:73 gears.. Anyone know what carrier I have?
    96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

If you have 2.73 gears now, then you have a 2 series.
    If you have 3.23 gears now, then you have a 3 series.

There is an RPO code that tells you which you have, but I am not sure what it is.

Comment

GU2 = 2.73
      GU5 = 3.23
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Not to hijack the thread but i was wondering if someone could give me some info. I had 273 ration then i put in 3 series 373's, well i had them put in, and it rides ruff, and whines? Is there anything i can do?
        1995 LT1 bird
        10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
        275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
        agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
        6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitLT1
          Not to hijack the thread but i was wondering if someone could give me some info. I had 273 ration then i put in 3 series 373's, well i had them put in, and it rides ruff, and whines? Is there anything i can do?
          If the gears "whine" really loud, they were not installed correctly.... incorrect contact pattern or pinion depth. Of maybe if the whine is minimal, they are the Richmonds, that tend to make a bit more noise than the factory gears. Just how bad it the whine, and under what conditions does it whine?

No way simply changing the gears can produce a rough ride. And when changing the gears, there's no reason to touch any of the suspension components that might cause a rough ride. Exactly what do you mean by rough ride?
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
          X