No announcement yet.

Tire Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I figured out my error was skipping over circumference. Then, my brain began to hurt, so I had my engineer friend build a spreadsheet for me. I found out that my speedo is about 6 mph off (assuming unloaded tire circumference) at cruise velocity. When my speedo says 81, I am really going 75.

This kind of ticks me off. The Belle tire guys told me not to worry about it, that it was too small of a difference to matter. I'd like to show them this spreadsheet.

As a side note, this spreadsheet would be a GREAT tool to put up in some sort of FAQ section on this site.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

i was wondery when u went small in diameter. but i was figuring a cheaper way for u to would be some 16" tire witht the correct size and it would make it less likey for the tire shop to mess up the rims changing the rubber over
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
      X