Check engine light came on today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check engine light came on today.

It flaged the crank position sensor.Car still runs for now. Anybody have a pic of this. Also how hard is it to change out. Thanks for the help.
    96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

I think I have read a post before where some guy pulled up the same code. But turned out to be the timeing chain. Might want to check into that.
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

There are a couple of codes for the crank position sensor... which one was it?

Your engine will continue to run fine without the CKP sensor. It is only used for misfire detection in the V8's.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Here you go...

P0335
        Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

P0336
        Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance

Also wanted to add that I cleared the code and hasn't come back yet.
        96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

Originally posted by 96Camaro
          I think I have read a post before where some guy pulled up the same code. But turned out to be the timeing chain. Might want to check into that.
          Yep . . .that was me. I got the P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance code. After replacing the sensor, I got the code back and the timing chain broke. She's in surgery right now but should be out screaming in no time . . . . .
          Darrin C
          '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
          07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Working...
          X