Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those with 93-97 SS or SS style hoods, step in here a minute.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Joe,

I have a 97 SS in the garage, with the SLP hood on it. There are water drainage holes near the leading edge of the hood, by the hood latch area and I believe near the corners of the hood.

There are channels molded into the bottom of the hood that run from the hood scoop area down to the front edge of the hood in order to get the water there.

My digital camera's at work, but maybe I can grab it tomorrow and take some pictures. It seems like anybody attempting to make an SS style hood would have to address this water drainage issue in order to avoid some unwanted H2O injection into the throttle body.

Jeff R.

Comment

Ah yes,

In this reference picture you provided it shows what look to be the water drainage channels formed into the bottom of the hood:

http://www.rksport.com/image?product...ank=1&size=mid

However I do not see the holes around the hood latch area that my hood has to let the water drain.

Have you double checked along the front edge ubnderneath the hood to make sure they're not there?

Jeff R.

Comment

Yes Jeff, I also have those holes up around the latch area. I was looking farther back where the airbox opening was. I guess those are water drainage holes. I would look for that "Made in Canada" stuff, eh!
        69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
        70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
        2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Working...
        X