No announcement yet.

plug wires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's interesting. I always thought 275 at .600 was almost max of LT1 heads. What are they capable of? 290 or so?
    Just like you said, for me, I think 275 is perfect. 275 is good for up 500 or so hp? I can't get a cam too hot...still gotta pass crappy smog. So I would assume that 275/195 is plenty for a smaller cam...unless I'm mistaken
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I've seen over 310 CFM out of a true fully ported head, and over 320 on an LT4 casting. Most of the Stage 3 LT1 castings from some of the bigger LT1 speed shops are around 295'ish.

But 275 is pretty good for keeping part throttle street manners and low-end power. Flow is just a small part in the larger picture of how well a head makes power though.

What do you mean by a "smaller cam?"

Comment

lol, Smaller cam That's called a "California will make sure your car doesn't live up to it's full potential with Smog 2" cam.

I have a question. Would it hurt to have 275 (or more) flowing heads on a stock cam/stock motor? I'm guessing not, but just wanted to make sure. My initial plan is to get them well ported and that's it for now. Then, when it's time for a rebuild, I can tear into everything else and simply clean up the heads with no more port work. I hope that sounds reasonable
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
        X