Antenna

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01Y87

Dang car wash. My fixed antenna was getting bent so I went to (gently) bend the base back toward the car to straighten it and the thing snapped off - the stud that the antenna screws onto. So I'm probably going to have to replace that part called the Antenna Bracket next to the spare tire.

bruce
    Do you realize you are supposed to unscrew the fixed mast before you take it through the car wash? They won't wash my F-150 until I take it off. The guys that dry it put it back on.

When the mast is removed, strong stations are heard, but the weaker ones disappear.

But, like others, I would never take my Formula through a car wash.

When the antenna is leaning (bent) is it the mast that's bent or the bracket that the mast screws onto? Mine is leaning, and I want to correct it, but don't want to spend money on the mast if its the bracket.
    Mast Price: 26.51
    Mast Bracket: 17.24
    For determining whether it’s the mast that's bent or the support bracket, unscrew the mast and roll it on a flat surface. If the support bracket was bent, either the antenna is loose in the fender, or it bent the fender.

Best idea after checking the mast, would be to take the rear plastic panel off using the large plastic release locks and actually look at the assembly.

Hopefully, you aren't going to pay AC Delco list prices, when there are online discount sources.

That sounds like the best solution to this stuff, if you can fill the whole it sounds like a great fix.........
    And off topic.... why do people have a problem with the words "hole" and "whole"? It’s right up there with "brake" and "break".
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Hopefully, you aren't going to pay AC Delco list prices, when there are online discount sources.
      I did try GM Parts Direct once, but the shipping costs killed the savings. It might not always be like that, but I know a dealer who always gets me a decent price that is very close to GM Parts Direct. What other sites do you know of?
      1988 5.0 TBI Camaro 700R4 Transmission
      2000 3.8 SFI Camaro 4L60E Transmission, K&N Air Filter, and Drill/Slotted Rotors all around.

Comment

Shoebox has the answer:

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#Dal_and_Jason
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X