Recommended Motor Oil????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve93Z
    I'm running Royal Purple 10w30 and a K&N filter, no problems. She picked up a step or two as well

Thats the combo I use for all my Cars
    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
    1 of 463
    LT4 knock module
    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
    strut tower brace
    SLP fan switch
    160* t/stat
    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

A few years ago the #12 car lost all of the water in the radiator about half way through a 500 mile race. The temperature gage was pegged. Not only did he finish the race, he won it. Mobil 1 synthetic was in the engine. That was enough for me.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
        His analysis seemed to hinge on viscosity testing that showed that Mobil 1 "30" weight synthetics (5W-30, 10W-30) were on the "thin" side of the allowable viscosity range for 30-weight oils, while the Castrol was on the "thick" side of the same range.
        Not sure how valid these results are, but at keast it represents an effort to actually measure oil performance, rather than rely on undocumented sources.
        Interesting. Last oil change, Blackstone Labs said my Mobil 1 10W30 was on the low side, "reading in the lower 5W30 range".

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Working...
        X