3/4 inch or 1 inch header bolts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 96Camaro
    Are the mids and the long tube flanges the same? Cause I just ordered long tube pacesetters a few days ago. Pretty sure I should go with the 1'' bolts but just wanna be sure.
    I don't know how thick the Pacesetter mid length flanges are, but the longtube flanges are very thick. I'm using the 3/4" bolts but I would recommend the 1" bolts for that extra holding power.

Be prepared to drop of few of the clips while installing them on the Stage8 bolts. It took me 15 minutes to find the last clip. I dropped it and it didn't make it to the garage floor!
    69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
    70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
    2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Wouldnt the splitting locking bolts be easyer to use? I am not sure if that is the correct name, but you tighten up the bolt, then you tighten the screw inthe middle of the bolt so the bolt splits outwards and keeps a tighter fit.
      96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

Originally posted by 96Camaro
        Wouldnt the splitting locking bolts be easyer to use? I am not sure if that is the correct name, but you tighten up the bolt, then you tighten the screw inthe middle of the bolt so the bolt splits outwards and keeps a tighter fit.
        The Breslins seem like a better solution and seem esier to install.
        1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
        Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
        Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

Not if the tube is too close to the header bolt to get the allen wrench up into it. Each style of locking header bolt has it's good sides and bad sides. The Breslin's would probably be easier to remove if you ever need to take the header back off. The clips on the Stage8 bolts snap on pretty good so I imagine they would be fun to take back off. I could them go flying all over the engine compartment as you try to remove them.
          69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
          70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
          2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Working...
          X