Catback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catback

It is a 97 WS6 with a LT1 and 32,000 miles.

Comment

I have never heard the Corsa on the LT1. All great catbacks, the only one I really don't like is the LM. I would stay away from that annoying system.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I'll get killed for saying this but the Flowmaster I had on my LT1 car was by far my favorite on an LT1.

On LT1's I had factory, Flowmaster, SLP 2otl, and I liked the flow best of all, deepest and throaty. The 2otl also had an excellent tone but was really quiet.

LS1's are a totally different story, flowmaster's can't keep up with them.

But for an LT car I think they can be ok.

Comment

Catback

I bought Magnaflow they are $400.00 cheaper then Corsa so now I can spend
          more on the headers. Looking for good mid length headers I have 97 TA WS6 with daul cats. AS&M headers with dual cat Y-pipe $1400.00 - SLP headers coated for daul cats $600.00 - JBA headers coated for dual cats $800.00
          Mac 1 5/8 not coater $699.00 BBK 1 5/8 not coated 369.00.
          I have a stock motor with 32,000 I am looking for the best header.

Thanks Ron Davenport

Comment

Headers

Well -Ron,you could do a long tube header, {more-hp} and y pipe,the magnaflow is a good set up.It was my choice ,with long tube stainless Kooks headers.They are one of the better {Imo} ones for my set up. As im sure you know do your homework,on whats out there.There are lots of options and lots of opinions-- enjoy-jack.
            JackZ28
            K & N CAI
            Kooks Header LT's
            Free Flow Cat, Magnaflow Exhaust
            Y-Pipe
            Synthetic Fluids

Comment

http://www.ls1sounds.com/
              may help
              2000 trans am auto, Afr 205,tr 220/220 112, mti lid, 160t,umi sfc,hooker headers and ory y,loud mouth. bellow,pr's,harland rockers,new lifters,ls6 oilpump,rollermaster doubler roller, msd wires.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                If the cut-out is open... why does it matter what catback you are using?
                Because Borla is the only cat-back to have the built-in cutout option. Yea, you can put the cutout before the cat-back, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the cutout used where the Borla built-in plates go.
                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

i've had stang and LS1 boys and even euro drivers ask what system i run.at wot it sounds plain nasty! i like it once it worms up better. the y-pipe also made is sound better. once i get the mid lenght headers in i'll see how i like my LM and i paid $299 shipped on a GP.
                  ed
                  1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Working...
                  X