WS6 vs. Z28

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ground_pounder
    Yeah I that's what I figured. My buddy with the TA has been talkin a lot of smack lately so I figured I'd get an idea before we went at it.
    Stomp em out. Show em what us LT1 guys are made of!
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

It is going to be a driver's race in my opinion. I saw a similar race between a '99 WS6 and '97 Z28 with bolt ons. The '99 WS6 was bone stock. The LT1 had SLP CAI, Mac headers, no cats, cat-back, 3.73s and drag radials. They were both A4s. From a 20 mph roll up to ~80, it was dead even. From a dead stop, the LT1 could take 2 lengths due to the 3.73s and drag radials. But as Joe said, you never know which is stronger from the factory
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
        It is going to be a driver's race in my opinion. I saw a similar race between a '99 WS6 and '97 Z28 with bolt ons. The '99 WS6 was bone stock. The LT1 had SLP CAI, Mac headers, no cats, cat-back, 3.73s and drag radials. They were both A4s. From a 20 mph roll up to ~80, it was dead even. From a dead stop, the LT1 could take 2 lengths due to the 3.73s and drag radials. But as Joe said, you never know which is stronger from the factory
        That is typical from what I've seen. I would typically out launch on a stock LS1 when I still had 3.23s.

Comment

Please post results!!!!
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Thanks to everybody for their input and I will post results, we're just for winter to come to an end up here in Alberta, Canada

Comment

Turn it in your favor and set the race up on a slippery road.

Autos with 2.73's are cake to launch on just about anything. Give him a tricky road to launch on, whoop him to 80 or so, then never race him again.

Comment

The LS1 is getting more power to the tire than the the Z28, but I have to agree that the driver will likely play a significant role. So many other varibles though.

I'll give a slight advantage to the WS6.

Comment

I would agree that it depends on the car and the drivers, I ran my bone stock '97 Z28 against a '00 or '01 Z28 SS a few years back from dead stop to
                  75mph, dead even race, I thought the SS would kick my butt but the A4 with stock 3.23's stayed right with him. don't know what would have happened after that, I tend to agree that the LT1 gets a little flat at higher RPM's.

Comment

Working...
                  X