No announcement yet.

Speedometer problem on T-56

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dealership should be able to do it for you. I can if you get it to Atlanta. You could get a "tune" from someone like MadZ28 or PCMforless. They can do an exchange for you computer.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

i'm actually driving through georgia in about 3 weeks, that would be a good time to get the pcm tuned and speedo fixed, can u give me any specifics on the location. i'm sure they have a website.
      1995 Firebird Formula. LT-1 6 speed, underdrive system, k&n cold air intake. SLP exhaust no cats. just got the car, list will grow

Comment

according to their websites, they are located in Pennsylvania and Illinios.. what might be in Atlanta?
        1995 Firebird Formula. LT-1 6 speed, underdrive system, k&n cold air intake. SLP exhaust no cats. just got the car, list will grow

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdLT1Bird
          according to their websites, they are located in Pennsylvania and Illinios.. what might be in Atlanta?
          me .
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

oh i see, so u can tune the PCM to the specs that madz28 or PCMforless can??

Comment

so do u like that hurst shifter you put in? i'm thinking of buying the b&m or the hurst

Comment

oh i see, so u can tune the PCM to the specs that madz28 or PCMforless can??
                I can put the correct stock programming in it to fix the speedometer problem.

Comment

so do u like that hurst shifter you put in? i'm thinking of buying the b&m or the hurst
                  Yes I like my shifter a lot.

Comment

i actually emailed madz28 about whether the code in the PCM is programmed for the auto transmisison instead of the manual. they said if that was the case, then the SES light would come on because there would be extra codes for the shift points and ect.. . is it possible that only the speedometer code is wrong but the rest of the codes for T-56 are correct? if the PCM is in fact the problem, i'm driving from South Carolina to Florida in the firebird early/middle May, than a quick edit to the PCM would be spectacular!!

Comment

Hey...been following along and I just thought of something.

Does the car have a functioning 1st to 4th skip shift circuit? Or, is there a skip shift eliminator on the VSS?

The reason I'm asking is because to correct the speedo on mine after doing the skip shift eliminator, I used a black box that needs to be adjusted. Turning pots. adjusts the speedo up or down.

Perhaps there is a black box that you don't know about connected to the VSS?
                      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                        Hey...been following along and I just thought of something.

Does the car have a functioning 1st to 4th skip shift circuit? Or, is there a skip shift eliminator on the VSS?

The reason I'm asking is because to correct the speedo on mine after doing the skip shift eliminator, I used a black box that needs to be adjusted. Turning pots. adjusts the speedo up or down.

Perhaps there is a black box that you don't know about connected to the VSS?
                        Sinse when does disconnecting the skip shift have any impact on the speedometer/VSS calibration?? I've unplugged a few CAGS circuits and never have I seen it affect the speedometer accuracy. It's completely unrelated.
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:
                        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

You know what...you're right. I'm getting my mods. confused. It's been so many years now...I forgot. I had to use the black box after I did the gear change...not the skip shift eliminator. My bad...
                          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

You know what...you're right. I'm getting my mods. confused. It's been so many years now...I forgot. I had to use the black box after I did the gear change...not the skip shift eliminator. My bad...
                            LOL! Momentary lapse of reason. Are you one of the old farts on this forum?
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:
                            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Well, not in age (only 35), but in terms of being on this site...I guess. Been a member since day 1...over 10 years now.

And the momentary "brain fart"...that's caused by three kids under the age of seven (LOL)
                              Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Comment

Well, not in age (only 35), but in terms of being on this site...I guess. Been a member since day 1...over 10 years now.

And the momentary "brain fart"...that's caused by three kids under the age of seven (LOL)
                                I feel your pain. I'll be 33 this June and have 3 kids under the age of seven as well. My oldest son will be 6 this July. Sometimes I feel like someone used a blender to scramble my brains.

Maybe his speedometer fluid is low? If the fluid were low that could easily explain the low reading on the gauge.
                                Tracy
                                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                                Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                                X