Need suggestions on oil leak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions on oil leak

I got an oil leak on the driver side rear of the block somewhere on my 88 350 (L98), it drips down right over the oil pressure switch and filter. It's a really heavy leak, only leaks while the engine is running. I was thinking it was the rear of the intake manifold gasket so I replaced that, same exact amount of leakage after. So now i'm thinking maybe the distributor shaft gasket, rocker arm cover gasket...but it doesn't look like those are leaking...what else is back there that could be leaking?
    '88 Formula 350

Oil presure sender?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I think you might be right...I just went at it with some dye, a mirror, and a UV light and it's definitely not coming from anywhere above the transmission bellhousing. It's basically pouring out from somewhere directly above the oil filter...i'm gonna lift it up at work tonight and see exactly where.
      '88 Formula 350

Comment

Oil pressure switch was the culprit, it was pouring out oil...easy fix...i just took the hard route.
        '88 Formula 350

Comment

Working...
        X