Next MoD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next MoD?

im omw to having my 3.73 gears installed and am taking it to the vette doctor in Long island and was wondering what my next mod should be, might decide to do something else while its in the shop. could use some ideas. Thx =)
    95 Z28 LT1, Edelbrock headers w/ Full exhaust, cold air intake, TCI 1800 stall convertor, shift kit, Eibach springs, KYB shocks

guess next stet with out doing motor work would to be suspension and chassis mods.
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

i have semi descent suspension i think i would rather go motor first before going all out on suspension i was thinking of doing a throttle body, would i have to change my injectors as well to compinsate fuel/air?
      95 Z28 LT1, Edelbrock headers w/ Full exhaust, cold air intake, TCI 1800 stall convertor, shift kit, Eibach springs, KYB shocks

Comment

First off. How is your car running? When was the last time you had a tune-up? Opti checked? Water pump leakage?

If all your maintenance is in check then I would work on suspension. Considering you car is a 95', I'd spend some cheese getting it tight. Sub-frame connectors, shock tower brace, shocks, springs.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Well these don't have to be done in the shop but, you could do the Throttle Body Bypass. You just have to search for it....you'll find it.

You can do the splash gaurd mod.....you just basically cut a small hole in the plastic splash gaurd underneath your CAI. I cut a square hole about 3"x4" with a dremel. Supposedly helps it breath easier. I noticed a small difference. You can also add a scoop underneath your car(which i haven't done yet but plan on doing) which will help bring in cold air better. Of course gains are probably minimal but every little bit helps.

And you can get a mail order tune to take advantage of the headers, and get your speedo adjusted (because gears will throw it off).
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

engine has 102k on it but ive replaced all the parts u mentioned and it runs pretty good, but i think your probably right i think suspension might be the way to go for now after my gears are installed..btw i've worked on 69-70 camaros with fairly easy but im kinda intimidated by the 95 being they are much more dificult to work on, how difficult would you say it would be installing the suspension? (garage and tools included =P) another idea i was throwing around before doing motor or suspension work was ram air hood and intake...

Comment

I think the hood would be a good idea if you don't want to tackle suspension immediately. I noticed decent gains from my ram air hood and acceleration feels a lot smoother now.

Mike

1996 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air: 160k kilometres, low temp T-stat, tuned, 3.73 gears, 3" Magnaflow exhaust, B&M skip shifter, BFG drag radials

Comment

150 shot!

Comment

im glad to here u say that i was kinda leaning towards the hood/ramair and been looking around for what company would offer the best hood and ram air kit for the money, i'de hate to get a cheap warpy hood. what would u recomend im stumped..

Comment

LOL Faste TA that ran thru my mind plenty beleive me hehe ... ide rather work on naturly aspiring the motor first

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteSmoke
                      im glad to here u say that i was kinda leaning towards the hood/ramair and been looking around for what company would offer the best hood and ram air kit for the money, i'de hate to get a cheap warpy hood. what would u recomend im stumped..
                      www.ramairhood.com

That's where I got mine from. The prices are decent and the hood fit very well (except in the very front due to my bumper saging a little bit ) The hood works well and and it's sorta cool to get something that looks cool and adds to performance.

Mike

1996 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air: 160k kilometres, low temp T-stat, tuned, 3.73 gears, 3" Magnaflow exhaust, B&M skip shifter, BFG drag radials

Comment

If you do the ram-air hood, then you disregard the splash gaurd mod....as it will useless to you at that point
                        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Umm this might be a stupid question or i might be going blind =O but i dont see any ramair hoods for 95 camaro at www.ramairhood.com ,am i missing something? 82 - 92 only?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteSmoke
                            Umm this might be a stupid question or i might be going blind =O but i dont see any ramair hoods for 95 camaro at www.ramairhood.com ,am i missing something? 82 - 92 only?
                            No its not your fault...I am the idiot who wasn't paying attention to what car you had. I think I just automatically assume everyone in the world drives a trans am. lol

Check this site then... www.ramairhoods.com

Mike

Comment

Thx Bud =) thats it!

Comment

Working...
                              X