hp ratings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hp ratings

I've been told that the OEM('95) crank and rods in the LT1 are highly durable was wondering what are the ratings on them, and rould they be good in a non-nitrous blown engine or would it be worth it to look into some forged parts?

P.S.- before I get reamed out about askin so many questions, I have 3 95 LT1's one I got as a project engine out of a burnt up 95 T/A couple years ago, got to expensive to piece it together so I just saved it, then the one that I removed from my 95 T/A then the one I re-installed in my 95 T/A, not jsut wasting posts....
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am Formula

The factory rates the PM rods at 450HP. Two failures that I have seen documented occured at about the 600 flywheelHP level. The crank is probably reliable to a similar level. I would say the stock parts are reliable for most normally aspirated applications. But for a blower or nitrous, the small cost of upgrading the parts is cheap insurance. Start with forged pistons, and work your way toward the crank if money is limited.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X