Idle problems after Opti service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle problems after Opti service

OK, so I completed my weekend project. Replaced the water pumo, PS pump, Harmonic balancer and installed a new cap and rotor on the Opti.

Now I seem to have idle problems and driveability issues. Normally my idle is just abuve 1000 rpm. Now it seems like it wants to idle around 500 or so and when I took it for a drive it seems like it has no power. It bogs a little when I step on the gas and when coming to a stop seems like it wants to die. If I let it sit at idle for minute it comes up to about 1000 rpm but still is acting strange.

I also have a service engine soon light on. I assumed that was just from having the MAF unplugged but maybe not...

Do you think the drivability is just the MAF etc. needing to reset or did I screw something up???
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Start by resetting the computer. If you have idle issues, you may have a loose vacuum hose, you may need to reset the IAC (responsible for idle quality) maybe a MAF problem, could be a host of things. Start from scratch and work from there.

Comment

I checked all of my connections and reset the computer. I started the car and let it relearn everything. The idle problem is gone now as is the service engine light.

Thanks for the tip.

However, I am still having performance problems. The car acts like it just doesn't want to accelerate from a stop. It's acting like it does if you try to accelerate in 6th gear on the highway. Bogs down for a second or two then kicks in like it should. Is it possible I screwed something up timing wise with all the work I did?
      My DD
      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Someone at work suggested I check the injectors, pointing out that the changes I made to the ignition geometry (new cap and rotor) could have uncovered another problem.

I have never serviced my injectors in 94K miles (other than adding Techron every time I change oil).

What do you think?
        My DD
        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Working...
        X