Removing the Front Sway Bar?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the Front Sway Bar?

What effects does removing the front sway bar have on the handling of the car.

A ton. Body roll like a 73 delta 98.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I've heard that the handling is not completely destroyed, still possible to out corner the Delta 98 a bit . I've also heard that it can help quite a bit with weight transfer off the line when draggin' by allowing more movement in the front suspension. Never tried it myself.

-- Flash

Flash - '97 Black WS/6, Intercooled Powerdyne 11# , LTCC Coil Per Cylinder Ignition, OPTI High Voltage Deleted, 160, Short Stick, BMR-STB, adjustable Shocks, PP+ w/scan, !CAGS, Flowmaster 3" cat-back... 43k miles as of Aug. 2006

**-** BOOST, it's no replacement for displacement, and there's definitely no replacement for having both!

Comment

I yank the front bar (only) when going to the track. It saves a few pounds, too.

Comment

Working...
        X