No announcement yet.

Some people shouldn't own fast cars.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unlike my buddy John, above.. i think kids ARE more stupid than we were (im 56). the irresponsibility with which they operate vehicles on todays public highways is unreal!!!!!!!!!!! especialy the stoopid ricers!!!!! driving anymore is like a game of dodge ball!!!

ive come very close to getting out and pulling some punk out thru his drives window........but common sense of lack of desire for jail time has stopped me..........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Im not going to say "Its the parents fault" but in a way it is. It doesnt seem that parents are disiplining there children anymore. Parents are too afraid of getting in trouble for child abuse.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

When I was 17 I was driving around in a 69 GTO with 350 HP. I didnt drive like an idiot. My father and I built it together. I knew if I screwed around in that car, my body would have been permanently embedded into the quarter panel after my father threw me through the front yard and I landed there. I didn't screw around, because there were consequences. Now, especially as a teacher, I realize most parents dont discipline.

"Spare the rod, spoil the child."
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

When I was young, the car I built wouldn't permit me to behave with such stupidity. If I hammered the throttle it gained ground at such a fast rate, that in traffic, there was literally no room. There had to be literally no traffic around to enjoy the performance. You couldn't even think about squeezing the throttle if the pavement was wet. My GN is that way in the dry on street radials. Kind of dicey on traction until 4th gear. Most of the crap boxes these guys drive take so long to get up to speed that WOT for them is a normal occurance.

Comment

I lost count of all of the stupid things I did after I got my license but I usually didn't do them with other cars around.

If I come across someone that is being a total moron on the road I'll call 911 and give them his plate #. A few years ago I was driving my Suburban ad got into a chase with someone that was weaving in and out of traffic and cutting people off with no directionals. Dialed into the state police and told them what was going on. They asked if I could read his plate to got close enough to do that along with giving them an update on where we were. They guy said they would get a trooper out there so I stayed on the line and gave a play by play of what he was doing and how fast we were going. At that point it was in the high speed lane with no weaving. Speeds went from 70, to 80 then to 90 MPH and they didn't tell me to back off so I continued. There was a tropper pulling onto the grass just as we went by the exit so I let the dispatcher know. He advised the trooper who started to give chase (about a 1/2 mile back). At this point we were cruising between 100-110MPH and I was starting to look for the trooper. I was also getting ready to move to the middle lane when he blew by me with no wig-wag or roof lights on (glad I didn't move over). He pulled in behind the car and activated his lights and pulled the guy over. He must have wondered why the truck behind him didn't get pulled over too

I drive fast once in awhile by that was a rush! My right leg was twitching as I took my exit and I was ready to run a marathon. Now I know what those guys go through when they get into the high speed pursuits.

A week later I was watching TV when the phone rang. I didn't feel like answering it so I let the machine pick up. Then I heard someone from the MA State Police leaving a message. He called to thank me for what I did. The person had a warrant for his arrest and was also driving without a license.

That made my night!

Tom

ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
            SEND US E-MAIL

NEW WEEKLY SPECIALS CAN BE SEEN ON - OUR WEBSITE

Comment

Tom - a guy who was originally going 70 attracted your attention? Just because he was switching lanes without signaling? Was this in a 45 zone or something?

On rural highways, I'll cruise at 85 and I see nothing wrong with it as long as it isn't inclement weather.
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Let me just add something to this... because younger drivers are really taking a pounding in this thread right now.

I think there is a real difference between having fun, enjoying the car you have, and being an idiot. What Joe described initially with his first post obviously falls into the latter category. However, how many of you can say that you have never picked your spot - open traffic, nice weather - and put the pedal to the floor for a bit? We're all thrill seekers, and we all love speed... while some people don't know what is over the line - I hope we can all agree that we do not always obey the speed limit, we don't turn down every challenge, and we aren't perfect drivers either.

I fear the old man/lady doing 45 a lot more than I fear the idiot in the ricerocket, personally...

When you see the ricers being an idiot, how often do you show them what a real car can do? I don't believe you guys honestly turn down every challenge that comes your way - even when you get a break in traffic.
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

i dont personaly think its young drivers at all, they may have the majority but im 19 and have a 12 sec car and i drive like an idiot at the track only, there are idiots everywhere. guys at my college in mustangs and ricers all the time com up to me and say "whats that thang got" (shes pretty loud) and i proceed to tell them its stock and they always want to race, and i just tell them ill see you sunday at silverdollar dragway, and they will reply with "what you dont race on the street?" and they look dumbfounded when i tell them no. i cant figure it out, do these guys have a death wish? i kick it out every once and then but street racing is just dumb~gunter

1996 Trans Am WS6 #34
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/gunter96ws6

Comment

Tom - a guy who was originally going 70 attracted your attention? Just because he was switching lanes without signaling? Was this in a 45 zone or something?
                    Damn straight! That little stawk on the left hand side of the steering column isn't just there to hang air fresheners on!

Just kidding I should have been a little clearer. We were on a 3 lane highway where the speed limit was 55 when this started and then it went out to 65 a few miles later. I watched him coming up in my mirror. He would go from one lane to another and cut in so close that people had to stand on the brakes hard enough for the nose to dive down. The 1st an 2nd time I just thought he was an idiot. But then I watched it happen over and over. He's go from the far right lane and then cut straight across to the high speed lane like he was in the only car on the road. 1/4 mile down the road he'd do it again. This happened at least 3-4 times while I was on the phone with the state police.

I'll play once in awhile enjoy late night "highway runs" to see the other side of 150 but won't do it when there are other cars on the road. People don't expect someone to pass them at 3 times the speed limit when their driving on the highway. If they look in the mirror and see a car 1/4 mile back they thing they have plenty of room to merge into the next lane. If your running 100 MPH faster than they are your going to be right there in a few seconds.

The guy I mentioned got what he deserved

ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
                    SEND US E-MAIL

NEW WEEKLY SPECIALS CAN BE SEEN ON - OUR WEBSITE

Comment

Originally posted by tbyrne
                      I lost count of all of the stupid things I did after I got my license but I usually didn't do them with other cars around.

If I come across someone that is being a total moron on the road I'll call 911 and give them his plate #. A few years ago I was driving my Suburban ad got into a chase with someone that was weaving in and out of traffic and cutting people off with no directionals. Dialed into the state police and told them what was going on. They asked if I could read his plate to got close enough to do that along with giving them an update on where we were. They guy said they would get a trooper out there so I stayed on the line and gave a play by play of what he was doing and how fast we were going. At that point it was in the high speed lane with no weaving. Speeds went from 70, to 80 then to 90 MPH and they didn't tell me to back off so I continued. There was a tropper pulling onto the grass just as we went by the exit so I let the dispatcher know. He advised the trooper who started to give chase (about a 1/2 mile back). At this point we were cruising between 100-110MPH and I was starting to look for the trooper. I was also getting ready to move to the middle lane when he blew by me with no wig-wag or roof lights on (glad I didn't move over). He pulled in behind the car and activated his lights and pulled the guy over. He must have wondered why the truck behind him didn't get pulled over too

I drive fast once in awhile by that was a rush! My right leg was twitching as I took my exit and I was ready to run a marathon. Now I know what those guys go through when they get into the high speed pursuits.

A week later I was watching TV when the phone rang. I didn't feel like answering it so I let the machine pick up. Then I heard someone from the MA State Police leaving a message. He called to thank me for what I did. The person had a warrant for his arrest and was also driving without a license.

That made my night!

Tom
                      Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is what needs to be done to these clowns. Don't get mad at them personally; it usually just makes their bad driving even worse. Get the police involved like what you did.
                      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                      X