problems with 91 firebird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with 91 firebird

the problem is that the car starts fine and idles fine but as soon as you give it any pedal it dies. i thought it was the throttle position sensor but it took it in a had the sensor tested and it tested fine. so the question is does any one have an idea what might be wrong. i ran a codes check and it showed nothing. i also checked for a vacuum leak and couldn't find one. thanks Marty

Check Fuel Pressure and test the coil, Distributer and cap. There are many things on a third gen that can go wrong without throwing a code, especialy on the electronics side. Also a little info on the car would help alot. Eg. TPI/TBI/MPFI V8/V6 auto/std. mods etc.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

the car is an all stock 91 firebird with a 3.1 multiport motor.

Comment

fuel

Originally posted by corvettemarty
        the car is an all stock 91 firebird with a 3.1 multiport motor.
        Did you try changing your fuel filter? It might be restricting but allowing just enough for idle.

Comment

that was the first thing i did,

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
            Check Fuel Pressure and test the coil, Distributer and cap. There are many things on a third gen that can go wrong without throwing a code, especialy on the electronics side. Also a little info on the car would help alot. Eg. TPI/TBI/MPFI V8/V6 auto/std. mods etc.
            Test the Fuel Pressure and Volume.

Comment

i had an '89 formula that did the same thing. it wasn't multiport like yours. but it ended up being the fuel pump. i was dumb and didn't check fuel press. or volume and ended up spending alot more money than i needed to to track down the problem
              '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
              '00 T/A Silver
              '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Working...
              X